The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New to Café from Ann Arbor, Michigan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
78 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
Hello Fellow Magic Café Magicians,

I've decided to quit lurking in the shadows, on the Café I mean (the lurking I do outside of the Café is another story.) I've been in and out of magic for about 40 years now (maybe more but I don't want to sound that *** old!) I'm really into theory and structure of magic and love reading a book like Strong Magic much more than a book of card tricks, not that books on card tricks aren't awesome and I don't have a shelf full (especially Aronson and Swain.) A few of my favorite books are The Experience of Magic and anything else by Eugene Burger, the aforementioned Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz, Five Points of Magic by Juan Tamariz, the Workers Series by Michael Close, and of course such classics as Magic and Showmanship by Nelms. I have a masters in theatre and obviously like very theatrical magic. I went to Mystery School in the mid 1990's, but had to drop out of things pretty much after that. So, that is my story and I'm sticking to it. I would love to hear from other magicians, especially close-up magicians in the area, that want to discuss and work on performances and projects.

Kevin Peshick

"Theatre, like magic, like religion...should instill a deep sense of awe." David Mamet from Three Uses of the Knife (the quote is probably somewhat paraphrased and butchered, but I didn't take the time to look it up.)
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Wabojeg,

I like reading about Magic theory more than tricks as well.

I know what you mean about not wanting to cop to how long you've been into Magic.
After a while it sounds more like OLD than experience.

-Mary Mowder
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
167 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Strong Magic by Ortiz is an awesome book!
Mike the Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New to Café from Ann Arbor, Michigan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL