The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The Gambling Spot Ľ Ľ Shiner resources. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On 2014-02-10 12:29, Expertmagician wrote:
Check out "Dashing Diva" especially on your thumb nail Smile

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tc0S4dr_9Bo/T0......ison.jpg

Women are lucky...they also have the underside of their long nails to use.

So thatís why a couple of my young buck friends are losing all the time playing strip poker with this beautiful young girl. HmmmÖ I think Iíll keep that to myself and let them keep losing to her. They will never figure it out on their own. Smile

May be a good way to catch the dealer's hole card in BJ if they come in high.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
The best shiner, in my view, is their eyes.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Dicetricks
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Dicetricks
Cagliostro

Could you please elaborate further on the real work.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2020, Dicetricks wrote:
Cagliostro

Could you please elaborate further on the real work.

I'm still trying to figure that out. When I do you will be the first to know.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
All y'all braggerts always saying "the Real Work". Sheeeeet. Nice you can keep a secret though. I truly appreciate that. But seriously...'nuff with that "Real Work" horse pies.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
Some say I have never done a real days work in my life.

Tommy
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2020, reese wrote:
All y'all braggerts always saying "the Real Work". Sheeeeet. Nice you can keep a secret though. I truly appreciate that. But seriously...'nuff with that "Real Work" horse pies.

Everybody knows you buy the "real work" from Joe's Real Work, Magic, and Vent Puppet Supply Shop.

But seriously, since the very beginnings of this forum, posters have referenced some specific bit of work, but then gone on to note that it wasn't appropriate to post the details.
No big deal ... and certainly nothing wrong with being discrete when called for.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
But.... why talk about it at all? Or even acknowledge the subject exists?
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
Because the author needs the money?

Tommy
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2020, reese wrote:

Itís interesting for those who are interested in such things.

Youíre the new forum cop now?
Did they give you a badge and a hat to wear?
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2020, reese wrote:

I think Mr. Bones addressed the comment very nicely. I second the motion.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
No. I tripped over a whiskey bottle and then posted my comment when I could crawl upright.
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1251 Posts

Profile of reese
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, Mr. Bones wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2020, reese wrote:

Itís interesting for those who are interested in such things.

Youíre the new forum cop now?
Did they give you a badge and a hat to wear?
No. I am not a cop or own a badge. But it was just honest curiosity that made me post in such a very public forum the question...why would you talk about these things when Law Enforcement is reading your words? That's the part I don't understand.... I don't need to know and (at this point) could care less. No need to reply. Thanks for your replies though.
Dicetricks
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Dicetricks
I had a request to make a shiner from a nickel.
After doing some research I came to the conclusion that filing and sanding it down by hand would just be too much work and not cost effective.
The most common method is to mount the nickel in a lathe and then with files and sand paper and then polishing paper and polishing compounds you could create a concave mirror surface on one side of the nickel. Unfortunately I do not own a lathe.

The start of his thread was good but the answers were vague.
Isn't it just better that we all brain storm and reverse engineer what could actually work?

Cagliostro wrote:

He showed me one technique where you could look directly at your opponent's face as you dealt the cards and still get every card off the top. Absolutely brilliant!!!

Now this sounds like real work. Do we have any wild guesses on how this could be done if we were to replicate this shiner and where it would be located?

The first issue is his eyes are looking at his face.
Obviously there must be something by the opponent that is giving you the glim for every card.
Scodischarge
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Scodischarge
Dicetricks:
I doubt you'll get many answers to your question. Silverking explained why in his first response here: "The reason for this lack of information has been talked about here in the Gambling Spot before, and it's related to the fact that some of the glims in use today, and some of the methods involved are still pretty advanced...still making money, and thus not written about or discussed in detail by those in the know.

There are a few people around here with enough knowledge to help you. Unfortunately for us, they wouldn't dream of posting this information on a public forums, due to the fact that they either make money with these techniques, or know the people who do.
Nevertheless, you should read carefully what Cag, AMcD, Doc & Co. write. By reading between the lines and doing some deducing of your own you're able to learn a lot this way, and what you read will whet your appetite for the "real stuff" they sometimes hint at.
Dicetricks
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Dicetricks
The purpose of my post was to stimulate discussion.
I'll toss out some ideas to get the conversation started.

Putting something like a sticker on an opponent for some kind of convention logo they are participating in that is reflective.
Giving a gift of a watch where a reflection might be caught off of the clasps rectangular edge.
Having one contact lens with super magnification so you can catch a glim off of a black button your opponent is wearing.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
One can do the opposite. ie Wear mirror sunglasses to flash your hand; except you don't - You use a torn corner. Do you see?

Tommy
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Ive been working for years on making chrome-plated hawaiian shirts popular but no one seems to be picking up on the trend. hate to drop the real work in a public forum but if anyone can introduce a glim into the world of fashion its you guys
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devilís Island
16236 Posts

Profile of tommy
I was just thinking are shiners any use for blind bets?

In Three Card Brag it would be very useful to know what cards one has been dealt before one apparently looks.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ The Gambling Spot Ľ Ľ Shiner resources. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL