The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spinnerets by Steven X (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Hmm...Too late to edit my post but it appears in a senior moment I referred to Steven as Richard. The rest of my post is quite accurate.

However, I'll take this opportunity to compare Steven's Spinnerets to another invisible and innovative setup, namely the ITS or Instant Thread Security by Bruno Copin. I use this also. If you do thread work seriously (as I have since my late friend Jon LeClaire did a Haunted Pack in my own hands in his Florida sunroom many, many years ago) you keep abreast and put to work any new system that proves effective. So I use this and others I have mentioned including of course Steve Fearson's setups.

This is partly because I use different threads and like to vary my methods and...well, I like and support innovation.

Ingenious as Copin's ITS is it requires reset in private and uses a very fine thread. Not so with a Spinneret. I will continue to use the ITS for Copin's incomparable effects, but in a pinch I could use a Spinneret.

Truth is, with these Spinnerets in your pocket you are as ready to perform IT two-point work as you are to do do loops if you keep them on your wrist and the get-ready is just as simple and fast.

Enough! Goodnight!

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
Andre, Thank you so very much!
cigam4
View Profile
New user
United States
86 Posts

Profile of cigam4
For more information please visit: http://www.stevenxproductions.com
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Wow great review sound like aiming I would use will this be avaloible any where at Blackpool
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
With respect to Andre, that was not truly a review.
That was, at the very least, someone who was satisfied with what they received; no more, no less.

A review covers the weak points, the strong points, the value for your money and why, the workability of the effect in 'under fire' conditions, the necessary maintenance/refills and associated price point(s), the quality of the DVD- production, sound, clarity, ect.

A good review looks with an unbiased eye at the product, gives the above information impartially and compares it to existing products/effects. As a wrap up, the reviewer then gives his own personal thoughts/feeling on the product.

That's what I always aim for in my reviews, and is likely why people trust them; and why they continuously remain on the top two pages of each forum I place them in despite time.

That said, I will happily, impartially and quickly review any product that is presented to me.

Am I a 'world class authority/expert'?

No.
I'm a hardworking professional magician that knows a good product when I see it.

Do I know 'world class authorities/experts' on a first name basis?

Yes.
But I *don't* trade on those connections, which are sacred to me, to either further my career or to push a product.

That's called honor, and integrity.

My 2c, and an open offer, if you will.

*tips hat*
Gentlemen.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I've heard that you are a wonderful reviewer; you've just told us it's so.

*kneels down in awe*
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
He wasn't trying to review it, yet. You may have missed Andre's statement:

"I'm working my way through his effects so I'm not ready to give a complete review yet..."
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
HAHA! Don't forget he tipped his hat. I think it was to hold on to the free DVD he was "asking" for.
James
*Also kneeling in front of Ekuth's blinding light*

Quote:
On 2014-02-16 18:42, tomsk192 wrote:
I've heard that you are a wonderful reviewer; you've just told us it's so.

*kneels down in awe*
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 18:38, Ekuth wrote:
That was, at the very least, someone who was satisfied with what they received; no more, no less.

A review covers the weak points, the strong points, the value for your money and why, the workability of the effect in 'under fire' conditions, the necessary maintenance/refills and associated price point(s), the quality of the DVD- production, sound, clarity, ect.

A good review looks with an unbiased eye at the product, gives the above information impartially and compares it to existing products/effects. As a wrap up, the reviewer then gives his own personal thoughts/feeling on the product.

That's what I always aim for in my reviews, and is likely why people trust them; and why they continuously remain on the top two pages of each forum I place them in despite time.

That said, I will happily, impartially and quickly review any product that is presented to me.

No.
I'm a hardworking professional magician that knows a good product when I see it.

Yes.
But I *don't* trade on those connections, which are sacred to me, to either further my career or to push a product.

*tips hat*
Gentlemen.

I should have expected that. I'm sorry I used the word "review" in my post since I am not a practiced reviewer such as yourself.

So many thread workers wondering and asking about these things on this and other threads and no one up to give it a try. So I took a chance and was excited to find that they truly were original and filled a need and wanted to share my findings for all who were waiting for someone, anyone, to speak up.

Don't take my word for this as I'm only one happy user. It may well not suit everyone, but "with respect to Andre" as you put it, don't question my honor and integrity by saying I'm trading on my connections. What's that all about?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Well played, Tom and Xiqual.
That did come off very high handed on second reading.

I graciously give you leave to rise.

Apparently my tongue in cheek/dry humor was taken amiss, I tender my apologies if offense was taken; none was offered deliberately Andre, and none of my comments were meant to be or should be taken personally.

If I want to say something about someone, I will, bluntly.

Apparently I only go awry when I attempt to be droll.

Well, my late wife always said I was only funny when I wasn't trying to be...

Neither was I 'asking' for a DVD or a product. Simply saying that I would review any product offered and making my statements on what a review should be, echoing what others have said of mine and giving my 2c worth, for what little it was worth.

Which, apparently, was not much.

*shrug*

No harm, no foul on my part and I tip my hat to you all.

Good even to all, gentlemen.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Don't worry Andre, he just wants a free DVD. I will be buying this on your advice and thank you very much Sir!
You are a trusted member and I respect your opinion.
James

Quote:
On 2014-02-16 21:04, Andre Hagen wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 18:38, Ekuth wrote:

No.

Yes.

*tips hat*
Gentlemen.

I should have expected that. I'm sorry I used the word "review" in my post since I am not a practiced reviewer such as yourself.

So many thread workers wondering and asking about these things on this and other threads and no one up to give it a try. So I took a chance and was excited to find that they truly were original and filled a need and wanted to share my findings for all who were waiting for someone, anyone, to speak up.

Don't take my word for this as I'm only one happy user. It may well not suit everyone, but "with respect to Andre" as you put it, don't question my honor and integrity by saying I'm trading on my connections. What's that all about?

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
*points to my above post*

No, James... I was attempting to be droll and it backfired; not everyone gets my sense of humor at times, which is perfectly alright and understandable.

I'm also willing to admit when I'm wrong...

I graciously accept the egg on my face and wipe it off with a smile.

Best to you all.
kevishu
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Andre, I think since kieronthemight wrote the following....

Quote:
Wow great review sound like aiming I would use will this be avaloible any where at Blackpool

... Ekuth incorrectly assumed your commentary was being interpretted as a review. Clearly, you stated you "were not ready to give a complete review yet", so I think (I hope) Ekuth just over-reacted on false understanding.

I, for one, greatly appreciated your initial comments on the Spinnerets and am anxiously awaiting any further thoughts if/when you are ready to give them.

Kevin
kevishu
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of kevishu
Oh... all cleared up! Smile
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Would love to see a complete review when someone has the item and the actual experience and expertise. Very good and high comments comparing to Copin.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 21:22, Xiqual wrote:
Don't worry Andre, he just wants a free DVD. I will be buying this on your advice and thank you very much Sir!
You are a trusted member and I respect your opinion.
James

Thank you for your kind words Xiqual. Please post your thoughts here also. If the Spinnerets are not to your liking I will buy the remainder from you. I really do use these and think highly of them.

Remember to learn from my mistake and use the key words thoughts and opinion and avoid the word review.

Best,

Andre
OldManGloom
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of OldManGloom
I only have one question for Andre. Can Spinnerets actually be used in the nude like the website states. If so this could really open up some options.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 22:13, OldManGloom wrote:
I only have one question for Andre. Can Spinnerets actually be used in the nude like the website states. If so this could really open up some options.

Yes, absolutely, but it could get you arrested.

Hmm....would you really be nude if you still had a thread attached to you?
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
Wow, GREAT news, the Spinnerets DVD's price has been reduced to $90. BIG DROP ! Nice offer, but still the DVD + thread = $140 which is still VERY expensive. Well I'm glad one person gave it a thumbs up, will be waiting for actual reviews.

Also I don't understand why is everyone so tempered on this thread, take it easy everybody its ok Smile
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 21:46, Magic_son wrote:
Would love to see a complete review when someone has the item and the actual experience and expertise. Very good and high comments comparing to Copin.

Yes Mr, New User I agree. Let's wait for a complete review by someone with "actual experience and expertise".

Rest assured that in the future I will contain my enthusiasm and only join either the yea or the nay sayers after a product has been properly reviewed.

Much safer that way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spinnerets by Steven X (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL