The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GYRE - Prof BC & Gemini Artifacts (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2014, Malakim wrote:
When will there be the next Fairy Tale Effect?

The Resurrection Cemetery Gate Key was just released and has a full Realm of Faerie routine (Through the Looking-Glass) included in the performance manual. It will also be one of the props associated with the 'finale' Grimm's Fairy Tales Doppelganger.

BC
Phasmologist
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I'm glad you decided on Grimm's Prof Smile I really like the key and routine. The key is exceptionally made and turns beautifully.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
848 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On May 11, 2014, ZoOpDoG wrote:
The video keeps saying there is an error. Why is it always a pain to upload videos and share them? Here is a link....

http://youtu.be/dCztSr3H6g0

This uses method I posted in the crypt and at gemini forum

Since I just got Enoch and havs had Gyre for several months, I may have found a new use for my Gyre....as a piece of the headstone of poor departed Stan Duell,...which is imbued with a certain "haunted" form of movement (and couner movement), heh, heh, heh...! Smile Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
81 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Can't wait for my key to arrive. I really, really love the "Realm of Faerie" routines - while darker stories certainly have their place, they are of course not suitable for all occasions, and the "Faerie" routines strike a wonderful middle path. Needless to say that they are also very well thought through and written - Prof BC at his very best.

Very much looking forward to next year's Grimm's Doppelgänger as well, as I expect it to be particularly suited to the "Faerie" audiences.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Thank you for the very kind words, theghostcompany; I genuinely appreciate your good thoughts.

Just to clarify, however, the Grimms Doppelgänger will be the very last of the series (Doppelgänger as well as Realm of Faerie) because of the necessity of making it the 'inclusive' volume for both series. I don't expect to get to Grimms until the end of 2016 at the earliest. I have at least three titles lined up before it.

I am currently (when time permits) editing old and writing new tales for inclusion in that Grimms Doppelgänger. Never too early to get started.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best,
BC
Phasmologist
theghostcompany
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
81 Posts

Profile of theghostcompany
Thanks for the clarification, Professor. Having arrived late at the Dopps party, I am only too happy for any additional title that is added before the final Grimm title appears.

(And let me add that the additional titles so far mentioned - Alice, Phantom, and More Ghost Stories, I believe - will be particularly useful for us in the non-English speaking countries. Shakespeare, as gorgeous as the book and its contents are, can be rather challenging language wise for non-native speakers. So having more easily "accessibly" texts clearly is a benefit.)
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Due to the (for me) high price for GYRE I settled for "normal" rattleback stones. One turnes right, the other left.
When the Ghost is free he does not allow things to turn right and with a quick switching I get what I want.

I had a little childrens show on New Year, 15 kids age 5 to 9 and the rattleback stones where part of my little
"gig". UNFORTUNATELY I did not get GYRE. Look and feel of the props made a huge difference for the kids and I had two
main points of childrens focus which where less then optimal (the rattlestones and the "imp in the bottle"). Both where of major interest to the kids, but the plastic look and feel ruined half the fun at least. Fortunately the school spirit slates (by mcharisse) had the right look and feel and most of my other stuff is old and spooky anyway. And the Mummys and 3 No Evil made good for the plastic I hope.
But I really need the Gyre and I think I want the Ghost Bottle from Viking (unless anybody can point me to something even better)

So, for 2015 I plan to get Gyre (if anybody wants to sell his/hers please let me know).
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
No need to try and sell Gyre to me, I just ordered Smile
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
It will be out the door to you tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the order!
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Hi I placed a couple orders back around Dec 20..

Order ID: #1115

Order ID: #1114

Including GYRE.. Have they shipped or will they ship soon?

Thanks!
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Kuroth
View Profile
Veteran user
Deep In the Heart of Texas
315 Posts

Profile of Kuroth
Thanks Vic for the quick PM back to me with my order status.. Appreciate it..

You guys are the best..
Chapter 18 (Member circa 1938)
Malakim
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of Malakim
Hello every one,
I just found something which might be of interest to you.
Plato tells us in his Critias of a Metal comming from ATLANTIS. It is called
Orichalcum which is a Bronze or Brass like Metal.

Recently divers found this metal in a 2500+ year old ship wreck and (this is why I post it here) the
pieces look quite like the GYRE:
The Lost Alloy of Atlantis

I think this is quite a nice "fact" to add to the GYRE Story Smile
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Nice connection
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thanks Malakim, useful and new information altogether for me.
Does look pretty similar, good catch!
The Dark Cabaret
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of The Dark Cabaret
What interesting connections we find! Thanks for the resources!
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
848 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Great resource...makes me want to pull out my Gyr€ and give it another "spin" in a performance! Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
Alright I am going to use this as a back story of the GYRE.
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1244 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Gyre owners--Prof BC mentioned this in another thread. He has a new handling for Gyre that you should PM him for. You will genuinely LOVE this, as it makes the handling SO much easier. I reluctantly sold mine ages ago due to difficulties that this new advice specifically fixes. I'll now be purchasing another one as soon as new stock arrives at Vic's place in a few weeks. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Pascal974
View Profile
New user
Ile de la Reunion
73 Posts

Profile of Pascal974
Thanks for sharing the information.

Pascal

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Seth speaks wrote:
Gyre owners--Prof BC mentioned this in another thread. He has a new handling for Gyre that you should PM him for. You will genuinely LOVE this, as it makes the handling SO much easier. I reluctantly sold mine ages ago due to difficulties that this new advice specifically fixes. I'll now be purchasing another one as soon as new stock arrives at Vic's place in a few weeks. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Pascal974 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the information.

Pascal

Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, Seth speaks wrote:

GYRE is back in stock. Thanks all!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GYRE - Prof BC & Gemini Artifacts (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL