The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GYRE - Prof BC & Gemini Artifacts (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 14:35, Godzilla wrote:
Not, knowing what the artifact is being called, or explained as in performance.
Could there be an isssue with a spec, making a comment about Her child owning something similar ?
And, would this give a tie-in with something being Dark in Origin or Nature, of something in Her home ?

I do like how this can spin both, directions !

Or, perhaps, there is some mysterious magnetic force that is the root cause? Maybe Magneto is there and we can uncover him Smile Before he does away with us!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1666 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Most definitely, no switch is involved (or needed). Seriously - get this. Those who think they 'know' how it works - upon seeing it in performance - will have several sleepless nights questioning what they think they know as 'truth'.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
818 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2014-02-09 14:35, Godzilla wrote:
Not, knowing what the artifact is being called, or explained as in performance.
Could there be an isssue with a spec, making a comment about Her child owning something similar ?
And, would this give a tie-in with something being Dark in Origin or Nature, of something in Her home ?

I do like how this can spin both, directions !

I was thinking the same thing. The child's version of this has a name; but I want to keep google's eye off of this thread. Obviously I wouldn't address it unless the spectator mentions it. I was thinking along the lines of saying that copies of this artifact have been attempted that relied on special materials and shapes of the item to reproduce the effect. Unfortunately, the trickery they use is evident in the fact that you can never spin the toy both ways in the way this artifact can.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Those who have the performance manual will follow what I am about to say, and the full discussion of this should probably be left to the Crypt, but it is quite possible to show it spinning in both directions, then have the miracle occur, and then return it to 'normal' and have it spin in both directions again before putting it away in its box (and, btw, having very innocently & cleanly 'reset' it in full view you would be ready to perform it again immediately at the next table if you are table hopping).

I don't actually cover this handling in the manual . . . beeeecause it just occurred to me while reading David's post above . . . but I do spell out how this can be very easily accomplished (in a slightly different discussion) in the third paragraph under 'Arcana' in your performance manual (the last sentence, in parentheses, is the information I mean).

See how that would certainly work? Again with nothing tricky or suspicious.

Prof BC
Phasmologist
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
@ dsacks , Magneto will not be able to be detected with Brass ! Smile

@ Chris , was concerned if artifact, had a Dark back Story, to its origin ?
Would not want Momma , running home and throwing away little Johny's item!
And, searching his room for other objects...and, finding some other stuff, Johny may not should own ! lol

@ David, thanks for your input!

The only reason I knew of the object, I had a freebie (Cheap one), sent to me with a magic order.
Maybe, it is a very uncommon known item...

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
On 2014-02-06 12:38, Vic Nadata wrote:
Quote:
I am bias, but I have to say that one routine supplied in the manual (Belief!) is one of my favorite BC routines ever!

I strongly agree.
"Belief" is a beautifully written routine.
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
Hello Vic and Prof BC,
I am new to this community, but not to magic.
I am glad I found you.
I ordered this effect this morning and Vic has already prepped it for shipping.
This is great customer service and on a Sunday!
The method is great. I love the idea. I believe the effect will be well received.
Thank you for your support and great contributions to the arts.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
We appreciate it Darkness!

I am proud to say that all GYRE's ordered this weekend are now in the post. You should start to receive them Wed.
Diasgemini
View Profile
Regular user
Paris & Portugal
101 Posts

Profile of Diasgemini
Can you tell me the size of the artifact please.
:)
www.diasfrancisco.com

Would you give up your hands to fly? That is what the birds have done!
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
The box is 5 3/4 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2.

The Gyre is 4 inches long and 1/4 inch at its greatest height.
Diasgemini
View Profile
Regular user
Paris & Portugal
101 Posts

Profile of Diasgemini
Thanks. Seems a nice size.
Goning to buy one! Smile
www.diasfrancisco.com

Would you give up your hands to fly? That is what the birds have done!
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
I really like the idea that Prof BC is aiming for tactile, that adds an extra element of wonder

This looks wonderful

Shawn
There is much wonder in the Great White North
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1457 Posts

Profile of Darkness
I'm thinking out loud but it may lend itself also to a story about alien space craft metal with strange properties which indicate when an alien being is in proximity.
Or not...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5211 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I like that Darkness.
There's another thread going on here regarding working alien based story lines into bizarre presentations, and this could fit the bill.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
I don't usually hype products, and the more astute of you will have noticed my absence from these boards awhile.
However, I am particularly excited about this piece.
The scope, methods and story lines are top notch; to be honest I'm surprised the good professor shared this - I would have held onto this secret as long as possible!
[
A.J.Drake
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
211 Posts

Profile of A.J.Drake
Ordered mine yesterday and already read the script.
The simplicity is stunning yet you can give it so much deepness and meaning.

Although I am more with the bizarre and darker magic I really love the Fairytale approach for children. This rocks and gives me (us) the chance to bring our storytelling magic (with little bizarre twist) to kids.
That´s what I always missed with my programm, really.

Thank you Prof BC. After your Doppelgänger release here is another gemstone .....

Waiting for more of this kind of stuff.....

Kind regards

Drake
Magic is everywhere ...

www.ajdrake.de

www.facebook.com/a.j.drake
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2952 Posts

Profile of niva
... and I would bet the fair tale approach would go over great with adults as well.
Yours,

Ivan
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1245 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
Wow. The Professor's story lines and routines in the manual are just MAGNIFICENT. He really draws you in with a wondrous blend of historical fact and mythology; you come away feeling that this little artifact is imbued with real Magick. (In fact, those amongst us who dabble in such arts may likely find a new tool here for those ends...)

I'm very excited to start playing with this little gem and exploring possibilities. The method to keep it spinning flawlessly in both directions is simple and ingenious (and quite different than what I initially suspected). Prof BC is one smart and talented guy.

Seth
Doc Ben
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix, AZ
188 Posts

Profile of Doc Ben
Expected mine today but usps disappointed me...may have to imbue a permanent anti-clockwise whirlwind toward my postal man if he does not deliver tomorow..!
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" (the original F. Baum)
Slartibartfaust
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
213 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfaust
Quote:
On 2014-02-11 23:16, Wizard Benjamin wrote:
Expected mine today but usps disappointed me...may have to imbue a permanent anti-clockwise whirlwind toward my postal man if he does not deliver tomorow..!

a wizard's revenge

look out USPS !!!!!

;)

Shawn
There is much wonder in the Great White North
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GYRE - Prof BC & Gemini Artifacts (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL