The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Question About Asylum Wrist Restraint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys,

Could someone tell me if the Asylum Wrist Restraint can be used for "in AND out" restraints...like you would typically associate with comedy routines...OR is it more of a "once your out your out" type of escape?

Thanks,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Cody, it's best if you escape once. It's the same basic modus operandi as a Seberian Chain escape.

Here is the one I make, which is much more imposing and has a real locking buckle, but even so, I recommed it as a one-way escape.
http://www.thehouseofenchantment.com/pag......port.jpg

If you want an In and Out, the Oval Chain device is the standard for comedy shows. You can also do a Thumb Tie or a seated rope tie with a few feet of rope.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Thanks my friend! Your time and expertise is very much appreciated!

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5110 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
If you want an easy out and in, use a short chain in a figure-8, with one lock. Quick and easy.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of guyactor
I'd like to put in a 'non-requested' plug for Jay's Siberian Belt Escape. I've been using it on and off (Ha, funny) for about a year. I love it! I usually hear 'Oooo' when they're brought out. To the spectators it looks impossible. However, they are very ''easy' to operate. I have used them with bridge jumpers for an increased imposing look -However, they are completely able to stand on their own. Hand made and a quality item!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
Another nod to the oval chain for a quick, easy in-and-out. A Kellar knot (or variation thereof) also works on a budget.

Regarding the asylum wrist (not Jay's, but Blaine's), my only problem with it was size. With wrists my size, I have to work a little harder to make it look sufficiently tight and may have to add extra slits for the buckle to sell the effect.

-Tom
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Question About Asylum Wrist Restraint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL