The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Walking Knot by Pavel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5372 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The gimmicks are well made and almost invisible even close-up. Howie Swartzman performed the Super Walking Knot at his booth at a convention and the gimmicks were not noticed.

I perform the Junior walking knot (the 6 foot version) as a parlor/bar-pub/small venue routine. I'm pretty much what John Novak called a two-meter magician. My audiences do get close and I am often almost surrounded. I've had no problem with using the Pavel prop. it plays well and the gimmicks go unnoticed (they are all but invisible). The rope is not static or hanging completely still at any point. It is constantly moving even if just a little. That aids in hiding the gimmicks.

An analogy would be a locking key. It is not totally invisible but a well made one goes unnoticed. Same here, it is well made and it goes unnoticed.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Walking Knot by Pavel (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL