The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mismade $20 bill (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
My scanner is an hp officejet pro 8600. I put it on the glass, and scanned as a pdf file. Hope this helps.

Best
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Ihop: use a digital camera
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Apr 5, 2014, John Long wrote:
Ihop: use a digital camera

I'm able to get the image into my computer now.
The new problem is being able to print.
Ihor
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
I tried to copy or scan $100 on my hp officejet 8600 and the colors are off, not the same shade of green. I also tried taking photo with high resolution, printing the same color is a problem
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I don't know what you have tried so far but:
I would suggest using the higher setting for your scanner.
Bit depth, resolution, colors, etc
Also, it is important to calibrate your scanner, monitor, printer.
The colors you see on your monitor may not be the exact same colors your printer produces.
There is a procedure for calibrating the monitor & printer so that the colors are the same.
You can start with
http://printscan.about.com/od/printersca......sics.htm
Good luck
Ihor
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Interested in a mis-made $100
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
mkarav
View Profile
Regular user
Westwood, NJ
108 Posts

Profile of mkarav
Thanks for the tip Ihop.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2014, mkarav wrote:
I tried to copy or scan $100 on my hp officejet 8600 and the colors are off, not the same shade of green. I also tried taking photo with high resolution, printing the same color is a problem

Let us know if the calibration works. I also could not get the green color to look right. I didn't have a formal process, but adjusted the color of the graphic using Power Point.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
Currency across the globe has a pattern of symbols on it which are called the Eurion geometry. This will prevent most copiers and digital manipulation software from opening the file. There is a workaround using the image ready part of photoshop. For paper it seems like printing a green caste onto green paper will result in two layers of green, meaning it will be darker than a standard 20 I've used cotton paper for printing out a 10,000 bill.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh the pains we magicians go through in order to create the effects that stun the world!

I've been there too. Tried to create a bill effect at Staples using their copier and got zonked.

I looked over my shoulder expecting sirens to go off and men in blue uniforms to haul me away.

I realize we are only magicians trying to ply our craft, and not counterfeiters, but I have this new fear of ending up with very chaffed wrists for doing what I do best. (Try explaining that one to the authorities, Daff.)

Anybody remember Danny Garcia's "Fraud"?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
Remember it? There was an even more sensational product sold which was out of my price range, presumably using similar methods.

(The joke here is 'remember it? I own it')
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2014, daffydoug wrote:

Anybody remember Danny Garcia's "Fraud"?

Yep. ANd I still have a number of Fraud bills setup! AND a whole lot of the little symbols cut out and ready to go. I was overly ambitious at one point and then lost interest; still have it all in a cabinet with other unused magic stuff. Smile

Jim
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I performed "Fraud" for a while and got killer reactions. Then I went through bankruptcy after my job went to Mexico and I lost my home and my p.c. and just about everything. So no p.c. equals no " Fraud" these days, but I sure miss performing the effect.

I miss it badly, Like a good friend.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Mismade $20 bill (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL