The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Gary Ouellet's Supershells (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Many years ago the Camirand Academy of Magic published Gary Ouellet's Supershells routine. I remember learning it using real walnut shells and a foam pea.
Recently I dusted off the booklet and relearned it using La Maggiore shells and KD peas from 3shells.com. Apart from Supershells I have never really done a three shell game routine but even after all these years I still love it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=238......&theater
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Nice Mike. Thanks for sharing. The shells are a favorite of mine also. The shells, along with 3 CM and the endless chain make up one of my close up sets.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
334 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Looked good! The video was clear and good distance to see everything well. Yes,the shell game can really grow with you. Thanks for the show.
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks guys. I am really getting into the 3 shell game. Smile I will be experimenting with different shells, peas and accessories. Hopefully I can have something for the park shows next summer.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
575 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Mike you did a great job with this.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks Bluesman!

I just placed an order at 3shells.com so that I can play with different types of shells, peas and accessories. I never realized there was so much diversity in the 3 shell game.
Anyways I'm having fun with it. Much different from what I usually perform. I am more of a stand-up family/children's entertainer so It will be a challenge to find the right presentation style for me. You can see a glimpse of what I ususally do here http://www.facebook.com/magicandlaughter

Any suggestions are welcome.
shellgame-al
View Profile
Veteran user
Arizona, USA
334 Posts

Profile of shellgame-al
Mike,

Your order is on its way to you. So let the game begin!

What I suggest for the ones that are looking to build a shell game routine with the Bottom Ridge shells; look at as many different shell routines as you can with a note pad.
Make notes on the style, patter or story, the effects, handling and the audience reaction. Take notes on the areas that bought interest to you.
Do this with an open mind to bring new ideas with the new tools you will be using.

With the new 21st century Bottom Ridge shells and accessories you will have many new advantages to do a shell game routine that has never been shown before.

Take advantage in using the tools you have to make an improved routine of your own.

When watching the routines you need to break down the mechanics on how it was done.

Most the routines out there are done with the classic type shells.
Looking at your video you know the mechanics of the classic shell game.

The BRS can do everything the classic shells can do and much more.

Your routine will be new to the public eye with much more amazement and your goal should be; too be looked on as an entertaining magician displaying good sleight of hand skills.

Good luck, I believe the best routine comes within us,

Al
Manufacture of 3 Shell Game Sets & 3 Disk Monte Sets
3shells.com and magicswindles.com
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thanks Al. Very insightful. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Gary Ouellet's Supershells (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL