The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Aldo Colombini Suffers Catastrophic Stroke (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mike Kirby
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Mike Kirby
Aldo was sooo funny and such a great entertainer. I am so saddened by this tragic news. My heart goes out to Rachel.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
We will truly miss Aldo he was one of the greats. Rachel you are in my prayers.
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
738 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
Rest in Peace Aldo. You will be missed
TheMagicLawyer
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, GA
3 Posts

Profile of TheMagicLawyer
I'm sad now. He was one of my absolute FAVORITE magicians . . .
SteveFromSpokane
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of SteveFromSpokane
Just feels like someone kicked me in the gut. So hard to believe we won't to get to see that smiling face entertaining and teaching us.

Does anyone know of any organized effort to make a monetary donation?
magicmanpaul
View Profile
New user
Greenville SC
5 Posts

Profile of magicmanpaul
Typing through tears. RIP figlio mio bello!

;(
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
I am so incredibly sad to learn of this. I had a wonderful time meeting with Aldo at the SAM convention in Atlanta in 2010. We had always had plans to get together to chat about magic for the podcast and I hate that it never happened. Aldo was an amazing performer and a great person.

To quote Tecumseh:
When the legends die, there is no more greatness.

Let us hope that there are those among us who will in some small way step up and preserve his greatness.

I wish that I could offer up more than a few seconds chatting with him.
This is my 2010 SAM podcast where he lectured.
http://bit.ly/AldoColumbini

Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Had the great fortune of seeing Aldo and Rachel's "Farewell" magic tour lecture in Falls Church, VA a couple of years ago. All of that humor, charisma and skill you see on the DVD's was so much more powerful in person. I hoped that it wouldn't actually be a farewell tour, but sadly, it seems that it was. RIP.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Sweet picture from magicnewswire (Dodd), Note the twinkle in his eye. Sorely missed. RIP Aldo. Lynn
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
A very sad day in magic... Hey Aldo!!! RIP my friend...

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
Though 'm sad at the demise of our "The one & Only Aldo Colombini". I'm sure he 'll be the jolly mentor in his journey beyond too. Condolences to his wife, family, friends & all our brethren who share the grief.
Regards, Raj.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Aldo passed away today and I am at a loss for words. Though I didn't get to spend as much time with Aldo as I would have liked these last couple of years I still considered him a dear friend. In the mid 90's he was one of the first 'names' in the business to befriend me and show me the ropes, introduce me to other magicians, etc. He was extremely talented, spoke multiple languages, played classical guitar, did drawing and painting, created a slew of magic, authored two books and of course performed and lectured around the world. Magic has lost a great man and I have lost a good friend. My heart goes out to Rachel Wild Colombini, Andi and of course the rest of Aldo's family. You will be sorely missed buddy. R.I.P.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
279 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Sad dad for magicians worldwide. Aldo is a legend, he has taught so many of us with a knowledge unheralded in our community. A star is shining brighter in heaven today. Our love goes out to Rachel and the rest of his friends and family.
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Today we lost a great magician, a marvelous creator, a terrific teacher, and a wonderful man. Thank God he chose magic as one of his many interests. He was a Master.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
RIP Aldo, you will be missed.
Woody.
View Profile
New user
With this one, I wrote
13 Posts

Profile of Woody.
What can we say in these moments ? I offer my condolences to his family, to you Rachel. Be strong; I believe you're not alone among your friends and your family. Aldo rest in peace, now. We never forget him.

Yours sincerely
Woody.
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
What a terrible news for the magic community! Aldo was one of my all-time favorites. I'm sending good thoughts for the whole family at this difficult time. JESUS bless you all!!!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
So sad to hear the news. Keeping family in our prayers.

A great entertainer.

He was truely one you could say without any doubt that he advanced the Art of Magic for us all.
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
rjthomp
View Profile
Regular user
Pasadena
199 Posts

Profile of rjthomp
RIP Aldo. You touched so many lives and the world is a better, zanier place because of you.

My deepest condolence to Rachel and all of your family.

-Rob
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Perhaps we can find some comfort in the knowledge that Aldo's was a life that, unlike too many of ours, did not pass without trace from the world. He made an indelible mark in the lives of those he encountered and in the ongoing story of his chosen craft. The books and videos he made will, imbued as they are with the distinctive character and humor of their author, continue to convey to coming generations of magicians the joyous work into which he threw himself.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Aldo Colombini Suffers Catastrophic Stroke (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL