We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Silk To Egg Review Request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
I was wondering if anyone has seen this silk to egg if so what are your thoughts. I am always looking for a great silk to egg.
http://www.mremagic.com/cgi-bin/web_stor......match=on

Thanks
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I'd recommend buying "The Magic of Michael Ammar" book and learn his version in there. Just get a fake egg and work on it. It's the presentation and smoothness of Ammar's routine that makes the effect. You also end up with a very good book with lots of other great effects.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14447 Posts

Profile of Review King
Bob, right-Mike Ammar's version is beautiful. I perform it and use the Super Silk Egg I gor from Hocus-Pocus ( it looks so real ).

Check Ebay for the Ammar Book ( it can be expensive in local shops ) or Stevens Magic for his Video where he teaches it.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Thank you guys I have the Ammar book and you are right what a great source.....I wondering more about the Super Silk to Egg itself. I have had several silk to eggs and just wondering what your thoughts are on this one.

Thanks,
TPD
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I bought a fake egg from Hobby Lobby, cut a hole in it and painted it. Nobody looks at the egg in the begining. Then when you show it to be a fake, it doesn't matter if it looks like a fake. For the climax, breaking the real egg is so shocking there is very little heat on any difference between the fake and the real egg.

One time, at a family get together years ago, I didn't have any eggs and my sister only had brown eggs. I gave it a shot with a brown one and it worked out ok.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
My egg came from Magic Smith - sold as "Eggs-actly" created by Karl J. Kassees.

It's made out of a real egg and sealed inside with resin to make it virtually unbreakage. It really is a beautiful prop.

I've just done an internet search and it appears that Daytona stock it at $12.50. Other dealers probably stock it as well.

It comes in various sizes - mine is "Medium" and loads an 18 in. silk.

Hope this helps.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16939 Posts

Profile of joseph
Any other favorite silk?egg routines? I really like the Mark Wilson version, but that is the only one I know. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5271 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Some place here at the Café this was discussed at length.

I don’t use a fake egg in my silk to egg routine. The first time I ever saw a silk to egg being performed was in the late 50’s in Texas. J. B. Bobo (of the coin book fame) was a school assembly magician and performed the silk to egg in his act. I went home and tried to figure out how it was done.

By the end of the week I was boring everyone to death with my silk to egg trick. It used one egg with a fake on its back (a corner of a silk clued to a circle of black construction paper stuck on the egg with some wax). The silk I used was a full 18-incher! The climax to the trick was to peel off the hole and break the egg proving it real. I simply used a die tube to vanish the silk.

Imagine my surprise when several years later I found out about the fake eggs and that Bobo had used one!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
Wow Thank you guys,
I just recieved a couple of silk to eggs that a friend of mine sent me. The Super Silk to Egg and a eggsactly. I like them both but I think the Super Silk to Egg is more durable and looks as real as the eggsactly. I think that that it is better.
Harry that's a funny story....LOL I did the same thing when I saw Copperfield do the grandfathers aces...But I never got it right untill about 6 years ago.....LOL
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Silk To Egg Review Request (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL