The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Where can I learn the flip over revelation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmanchris
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of magicmanchris
Where can I learn the flip over revelation?
I've looked everywhere and can't find it. Smile

thanks.
your magic is only real when you believe it's real.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I don't know what you are referring to by the name, but I'll offer you this:

Control card to the top. While in left hand mechanic's grip, bring your right hand over into biddle grip. Under cover of biddle grip, slide the top card to the right 3/4 to 1 inch with your left thumb. Raise the deck in biddle grip (hiding the jogged card) and drop the deck from a height of about 12 inches. The top card will flip over, revealing itself, the deck otherwise remaining intact. Experiment with the size of the jog and height of the drop until you can get it consistently.
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Try this dvd:

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/c2-card......rick.htm

From what they claim, they say you'll be doing the Flip Over within minutes after they teach it. They also teach a version of Rub-A-Dub that people might find a little less awkward performing.
He bills it as "Rubaway Knee Vanish" though. I'm not sure if he had the rights to do that, but I couldn't care less.

:)
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
invalidity
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of invalidity
Or, better still check out Magic for Dummies. I was browsing through a copy of it at my local booksore the other day. Blindbo gives a pretty good description, and it shouldn't be all that hard to learn it from his descroption of it. (I must admit that I learnt it off Ellusionist's CC2, though)
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
Its taught in the "Dummies" book? Cool!!! Smile
I would, however contest that there is in REALITY very little pportunity to perform what could actually be termed "close-up" magic.
- Guy Hollingworth
oliverjoy
View Profile
New user
england
27 Posts

Profile of oliverjoy
Do you mean some thing like the hot shot cut. Smile
olver joy
twistingtheaces
View Profile
New user
SF Bay Area, CA
50 Posts

Profile of twistingtheaces
Or do you mean the flippant move?
Chris H
View Profile
Inner circle
Melbourne, Australia
1364 Posts

Profile of Chris H
Hey,

If it's the one that blindbo has mentioned, then it is taught thoroughly in ellusionist's Ambitious Card DVD. Although you really don't need to know anymore than what blindbo was mentioned in his post. Just practice getting the height of the deck right, and keeping the deck square once it lands in your hand.

Cheers,

Chris
MrBiddle
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of MrBiddle
I've managed to achieve the flip a couple of times, but I still don't have the guts to actually try it.
Smile
- Guy Hollingworth
oliverjoy
View Profile
New user
england
27 Posts

Profile of oliverjoy
Do you mean using a flip out move like the oe from paul Harris simple swicth but using it to flip the card out Smile
olver joy
Jonny J
View Profile
New user
North East England
78 Posts

Profile of Jonny J
Could this be John Cornelius's "Spring Set" move?

Holding the deck in a dealing grip, the top card of the deck flips itself face-up, quite quickly!

I originally learned this by repeatedly watching the move on one of James Swain's "Miracles With Cards" tapes, but recently discovered I had found a slightly odd method.

If that's what you're looking for, Bill Malone describes the move in "Sam the Bellhop".

Jon.
stephen secret
View Profile
New user
mpls.
67 Posts

Profile of stephen secret
Been looking at Bill Malone's Vol.1 and was doing the 'spring set' within one day of seeing the DVD.

I like the feel of doing this move.

In order to cut learning time flip the card back face down and start again.
sincerely, secret
magicmanchris
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of magicmanchris
It's the one blindbo is talking about.thank you all for your input.
your magic is only real when you believe it's real.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Where can I learn the flip over revelation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL