The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Levitation by electrostatic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicWCK
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicWCK
I saw this in YouTube. It is about levitation of money note making use of electrostatic. It's too perfect to be real. Would like to seek advice if this Is fake or real ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6vOaCBsWJM
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1421 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Looks kind of cool. Not sure how practical it would be in real life presentations.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
magicWCK
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicWCK
Yes, it's too cool to be true. Though theoretical it might sound right, I doubt if it was actually achieved by invisible thread. :-(
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
This is a great presentation for a common method of levitating a dollar bill. Give it try and you might be able to get it to work with the straws. Work on some basic magic skills and PM me and I'll help you find how to do this magic illusion.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
672 Posts

Profile of Bulla
LOL people are so gullible. I wonder how many times someone has to fail at this first before they start to use their common sense.
magicWCK
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicWCK
Hmmm.... sorry for my naive. If this is something real and practical, it will help if we can 'secretly' charge up our hands without the obvious working on the straws. Are there any electrostatic 'generator' in the market?
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
672 Posts

Profile of Bulla
You have Electric Touch on the market. Obviously you won't be able to levitate a dollar bill, but you can shock others with a touch and have tiny pieces of paper cling to your hand.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
MagicWCK there is no working method for using static electricity transferred to the hands for doing the floating bill. There are several very similar working methods for doing what is seen in the video that don't involve static. Have you gone to the guy's Youtube channel and looked at the other stuff that is there? He isn't revealing any techniques, but believe me, static is not the answer.
JD Draws Things
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of JD Draws Things
At 4:01 it looked like he used his left thumb to grab IET off his right wrist almost immediately after he said "do nothing". Maybe I'm just looking for something though
magicWCK
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of magicWCK
I see... thanks all of you for awakening me. Otherwise I can't imagine how many hours I could have dwelled into trying rubbing hundreds of straws to raise a bill. Smile

This is really a nice forum that we have so many helpful hands to solve our doubts. Smile
OldManGloom
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of OldManGloom
If you could make bills float with static every 7 year old would be doing it after rubbing their feet across a carpet. I wish this could really be done.
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
JD Draws Things, I'll give you a thumbs up for observation. Keep us in the loop if you spot anything else.
Giacomo Moretti
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Giacomo Moretti
Thanks JD Draw Things for your observation. I was also naive enough to believe the electrical charge patter at first.

Also there is a visible "cut" in the video right after he claims that the electrical charge fades away after 5 or so seconds. If it was the charge keeping the bill up in the air and the charge fading away after a few seconds no such cut would have been needed in the video to show the effect.

GM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Levitation by electrostatic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL