The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Lubor Fiedler - March 2014 GENII - cover! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Just in time for my birthday - Lubor Fiedler is on the cover of the March 2014 issue of GENII!!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great news... And Happy Early Birthday!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Lol
I especially take a subscription last year for one year only because Richard say that there was a spacial issue of Genii Coming soon about Lubor. I received my 12 magazine without any trace of the cover with Lubor and... now my subscription is ended.
-Disappointment- ^^
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Here is Richard's description of the article:

"The legendary Lubor Fiedler is on our cover. Complimenting him on his creativity is like pointing at a gold nugget and saying it’s worth a lot of money: we all know it. Dustin Stinett found time to write this month’s feature on Lubor’s remarkable, difficult, sometimes heartbreaking story that has the happiest of endings. The article includes three videos."

Us Tenyo fans are very lucky to have a Lubor Fiedler fan (and Tenyo fanatic) as a major magic magazine/book publisher.

Keep up the great work, Richard!

Joe Mckay
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Thank you. Look for a cover story on Shigeru Sugawara soon.
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
I may be in the minority on this, but Impossible Pen (T-183) remains one of my favorite Tenyo items -- though I have to be very careful not to interfere with operation of the mechanism when I do it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

It's not the easiest trick to do. The pen needs to remain horizontal and get some momentum going in order to land where it's supposed to. I love the effect, and there's a better version coming in the Tenyo book.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Look forward to the version in the book, I have never been able to get this to work properly, although I love the concept.
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Richard, I'm very much looking forward to your book, and whenever it drops, I hope to be able to get hold of a copy before they all sell out.

I can get Impossible Pen to work, as you say, but not without doing it a few times within minutes of the actual demonstration so that I can calibrate exactly where the momentum begins. The sort of thing you show to family and then quickly hustle away. Regardless, it is a delight. Between that and Invisible Zone, I was so charmed that I simply had to have Phantom Pen, too.

Any relation in conception between Thayer's (now Viking's) U-235 and Fiedler's inspiration for Impossible Pen? I've wondered about that now and then. Feels similar.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
There is a great routine using only a Silk. I was bafled when I see it the first time. The video was on the blog but have been deleted on You tube, It's very simple. I'll explain it in a more detailled way when I will correct the post to change the video which is down. But it's allreday available for all on the Japanese Tenyo Website just need to translate:
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic/library/index.html (click history and search T-183)
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

No connection between Lubor's item and any Thayer item. Lubor's inspiration was the Wand from Purse.
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Stereo,

Thanks for the reference. Sounds cool - I would love to see it if you get hold of it. Trying and failing to navigate the Japanese site!
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
The silk routine is on the English site as well.
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/tips/tip06.html#Anchor05
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Thanks. That's a nice alternative handling. And I had not previously visited that site!
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
The video of special routine of Invisible Zone using lubor's lense also disappeared.
I suspect Richard K having a hidden agenda (this is the playful humor) and making them vanish to put in his book ^^ I say that because he allready make vanish lot of tips on my blog (with my consent of course).
But at the end this deprive the whole community just for the benefit of those which will be rich enough to afford this expensive book ! I'm not really sure that's really necessary.
When you love magic The goal is not to make as many people could have acess to magic knowledge?
Again it's not an attack at all, just an interrogation and my question is why you think it's the best way doing that way ? I am a novice in the world of magic and I'm curious, like all Tenyo fans, to understand the philosophy of one of the best contributor of the Magic Art about sharing magic knowledge.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2403 Posts

Oh, now Stereo, it was just a few tips. Smile

I genuinely had nothing at all to do with those videos being taken down. I had no idea they were removed.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1037 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I saved the video Invisible Zone with Lubors Lens just in case it got taken down so I can watch it forever. Not that it is that exciting but saved never the less Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Like the one for impossible Pen , This video with invisible zone was really good, and the idea just very creative, too bad.
Don't worry Richard you know all the good I think about you, but it's a question I've always wondered because I don't really understand why.
Regarding this post abour Lubor Fiedler - March 2014 GENII I have to say that even if my subscribing is ended the Genii team seeing my message post to me the issue for free. After sales service impeccable as always. Thank you.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3384 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hey Stereo gald that you got the Lubor issue, cool of Richard to do that. Can hardly wait to pick up mine... I still buy them at a brick and mortar.
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
807 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
The people at GENII are a class act. I am pleased to see they sent Stereo a copy of the Lubor Fiedler issue.

Stereo is the best source of Tenyo information on the internet - and it is nice to see him get a thoughtful gift like this.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Lubor Fiedler - March 2014 GENII - cover! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL