The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Biblical Money Code? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_dEhuYiZq8

Here's an ad that I think most media experts would agree is targeting a liberal audience.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
LOL! Psychic Readers? What makes you think they appeal to the left any more than the right? (Wasn't it Reagan's wife who had his astrology chart done before any important decisions were made?)
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 17:16, LobowolfXXX wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s_dEhuYiZq8

Here's an ad that I think most media experts would agree is targeting a liberal audience.

Maybe Bob didn't get the joke but I think I did. LOL
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
You asked for an example of an ad "designed specifically for liberal audiences." That ad was designed specifically for the 18-34 age bracket (a group that is heavily liberal), and features actors that are primarily female and/or minority and music that certainly isn't intended to resonate with a conservative audience. IMO, that ad is clearly aimed at a liberal audience.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 16:37, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ok do you believe the same is true of liberal radio (What little of it there is. ) or is it all just as Bob seems to think?

Dunno. What do they advertise?

I'm scratching my head on this one. I would guess that products like Prius and organic produce would get a better response on liberally-focused programming.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 17:08, Bazinga wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 16:02, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
the basic message of contemporary conservative populism is "we had a beautiful country, and it is being taken away from us."

I didn't know the American Indians were the contemporary conservative populism.

:)

O Canada.
Our home on Native Land...
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Smile I see what you did there Magnus.

Bazinga!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16353 Posts

Profile of tommy
Books on belief are definitely good sellers.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
175 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 17:55, LobowolfXXX wrote:
You asked for an example of an ad "designed specifically for liberal audiences." That ad was designed specifically for the 18-34 age bracket (a group that is heavily liberal), and features actors that are primarily female and/or minority and music that certainly isn't intended to resonate with a conservative audience. IMO, that ad is clearly aimed at a liberal audience.

Lobo, which extreme left-wing political program airs/aired that ad?

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 20:04, R.S. wrote:
Quote:

Lobo, which extreme left-wing political program airs/aired that ad?

Ron

I don't know where it's aired. I'm pretty sure it won't be on stations that carry Limbaugh during his program.

R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
175 Posts

Profile of R.S.
So can we all agree that there's no such "money code" in the bible?? At least not in the sense the ad conveys. Hyman would have us believe that through diligent and studied analyses of biblical passages he had a "eureka" moment in which he discovered hidden yet unambiguous instructions guaranteed to bring great wealth to all those who follow said instructions.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
You asked for one example of an ad "designed specifically for liberal audiences." That ad was designed specifically for the 18-34 age bracket (a group that is heavily liberal), and features actors that are primarily female and/or minority and music that certainly isn't intended to resonate with a conservative audience. IMO, that ad is clearly aimed at a liberal audience.

Completely disagree that the type of ad (ie. paychic readings) is something that would resonate more with liberal audiences. I don't think that politics really has much to do with whether or not people are interested in that sort of thing.

But if you're saying that ads featuring minorities, women and contemporary music appeal more to liberals than conservatives, that's an entirely different question. And the answer, if your premise is true, would be very telling.

As far as the age demographic goes, I'd agree. But now we're talking about age appropriateness rather than political appeal.

So I don't believe you've provided a clear example at all.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 21:10, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
You asked for one example of an ad "designed specifically for liberal audiences." That ad was designed specifically for the 18-34 age bracket (a group that is heavily liberal), and features actors that are primarily female and/or minority and music that certainly isn't intended to resonate with a conservative audience. IMO, that ad is clearly aimed at a liberal audience.

Completely disagree that the type of ad (ie. paychic readings) is something that would resonate more with liberal audiences. I don't think that politics really has much to do with whether or not people are interested in that sort of thing.

But if you're saying that ads featuring minorities, women and contemporary music appeal more to liberals than conservatives, that's an entirely different question. And the answer, if your premise is true, would be very telling.

As far as the age demographic goes, I'd agree. But now we're talking about age appropriateness rather than political appeal.

So I don't believe you've provided a clear example at all.

I didn't say anything about the "type of ad" (meaning content). I said that the particular ad was designed with a liberal target audience in mind. And as a separate point, IMO, it's for a product that is about as ridiculous as a biblical "Money Code."

Having said that, I do think that in general, psychic type phenomena (and any number of "new age" ideas) appeal more to liberals than conservatives.

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Completely disagree. Most skeptics of psi phenomena tend to be liberal, while believers in supernatural events are common in conservative areas. (Witness yesterday's death of religious snake handler, Jamie Coots.) And some of the most notable psychic readers have been very conservative in their political views.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 22:42, mastermindreader wrote:
Completely disagree. Most skeptics of psi phenomena tend to be liberal, while believers in supernatural events are common in conservative areas. (Witness yesterday's death of religious snake handler, Jamie Coots.) And some of the most notable psychic readers have been very conservative in their political views.

In my personal experience, more of my liberal friends than conservative ones are apt to believe in various things (psychic phenomena included, but not just psychic phenomena, i.e. Crystals, fung shui, etc.) that I would classify as a secular parallel to the "biblical money code." Moreover, that's consistent with the fact some Christian conservatives disbelieve specifically because of their religious beliefs.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20854 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am a snake handler. Not religiously just think they are cool.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2014-02-16 23:01, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

In my personal experience, more of my liberal friends than conservative ones are apt to believe in various things (psychic phenomena included, but not just psychic phenomena, i.e. Crystals, fung shui, etc.) that I would classify as a secular parallel to the "biblical money code." Moreover, that's consistent with the fact some Christian conservatives disbelieve specifically because of their religious beliefs.

No, they don't disbelieve because of their religious views. Actually the BELIEVE IT because of those views. They reject it precisely because they "know" that it is the work of the devil, not because they doubt that it exists.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2014-02-17 00:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 23:01, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:

No, they don't disbelieve because of their religious views. Actually the BELIEVE IT because of those views. They reject it precisely because they "know" that it is the work of the devil, not because they doubt that it exists.

I know people, and I know of people, who disbelieve because of their religious views.

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

We're talking about the word "believe." Conservative evangelicals generally believe in gifts of prophecy, etc., but often reject psychics because they believe that their abilities are demonic.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Yes, I'm talking about the word "believe," and I'm talking from my own direct experiences discussing the views of friends and acquaintances who are Christian conservatives (though not evangelicals).

Moreover, apart from (alleged) psychic phenomena, I'm also talking about a variety of other things, such as, as I've noted, crystals, feng shui, etc., which none of my conservative friends (to my knowledge) puts any credence in, though a few of my liberal friends do.

You'rmileage may vary on crystals and feng shui; I'd put them on a par with the "Biblical Money Code."

Moreover, I strongly doubt that any more than a tiny minority of Christian conservatives put any stock in the whole "Biblical Money Code" (though obviously most who do are Christians; but that's the difference between "Most NBA players are African American" and "Most African Americans are in the NBA.") If the types of generalizations about the gullibility of Christian conservatives were being made about certain ethnic or religious groups being criminals, terrorists, etc., we'd see a different level of support, I imagine.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Biblical Money Code? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL