The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amazing card trick - Shawn Farquhar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Please help, I saw Shawn at the Magi-Fest in Columbus last year and he did an amazing trick with a deck of cards. Basically he had a spectator select a card.. then all of the cards were suddenly inside of a deck with the wrapper on it and the spectator opened up the cards and all of the cards were in new deck order including his card which was signed, Shawn said this will be marketed, If anyone can point me in the right direction in finding it I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks,
Chad
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
I'm a huge fan of Shawn! He was one of the first magicians who helped me out when I first started here in Kelowna. I've seen his show a few times since and he's definatly a personal I idolize.

Oh, and I want that card trick!
Skinny Man
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of Skinny Man
pxs
View Profile
Loyal user
London
284 Posts

Profile of pxs
Guy Hollingworth suggests a very clever technique for this effect at page 229 of Drawing Room Deceptions
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
I have seen Shawn do this effect a couple times live and it kills.

Scott Smile
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Just to save you time, there is nothing on his web site about this trick.
thecardman
View Profile
Loyal user
Scotland
218 Posts

Profile of thecardman
Personally, I don't think that Shaun should release this effect - AT ALL! It is far too good to sell/give away.

I saw Shaun perform at FISM and that effect was one of many, many highlights from his act. I still have no idea how he did it and I don't want to know how it was done.

Shaun, don't do it - don't sell it! Keep it for yourself!
Best wishes

Peter Smile
My new manuscript, "The Difficult Second Album", is now available at www.thecardman.co.uk
Bigmac
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Bigmac
If you ever get to see Shawn lecture he discusses the trick. I believe he gave the details in his lecture at the World Magic Seminar last year.
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
279 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I was talking to Shawn, and he said the only way he would release it is if he wins FISM.... I guess we have to wait a while, at least until the next fism in hopes that he might win and release the method...
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
Just curious, what card did the spectator chose? That would determine where it would settle in the pack.
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Alikzam

Shawn can change the card from performance to performance, it is not the same card everytime and remember it is signed. It is real clever.

Scott Smile
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5266 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2004-01-05 18:03, Bigmac wrote:
"...I believe he gave the details in his lecture at the World Magic Seminar last year...."

I was there and he didn't.
Alikzam
View Profile
Elite user
433 Posts

Profile of Alikzam
No, I know that the card is signed. I was just thinking if mybe that card is always near say the end of the deck near where the bottom flap of the pack is... or something. Depening on deck type. Just a thought.
steiner1000
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of steiner1000
Thanks for all of the input, since this is a well guarded secret can someone explain Guy's routine from Drawing Room Deceptions? or other related ideas? Thanks.
Ozer4
View Profile
Veteran user
NYC
329 Posts

Profile of Ozer4
Hi,
I recently spoke to Shawn. He is not releasing this effect currently, though I too have seen it performed it live, and it is stunning to say the least.

Regards,
Oz
Skinny Man
View Profile
New user
UK
72 Posts

Profile of Skinny Man
Quote:
On 2004-01-05 11:09, steiner1000 wrote:
Just to save you time, there is nothing on his web site about this trick.
Except the ability to contact Shawn and speak to him directly - though of course by now we know it's not being released.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
I saw Shawn perform this at the Canadian Association of Magician's Convention last year (wow, time flies), and if you paid keen attention to his lecture, then you know how it's done.

I've chatted with him a few times about this, and mentioned my thoughts on this, and he replied that even though I was being a little more complicated than I had to be, it was still getting the job done. I've since refined what I think is a workable solution and am happy with the results.

Out of respect for Shawn, (He's an incredible person), I have never performed this where I have gotten paid, and I have never performed it for any of my magician friends. I've never missed, and the more I practice, the better it gets.

Until such time as he is selling it, or I get his permission, this is something I do to amuse myself, and people who aren't paying me. Once he releases it, and I purchase it, then I get to see how far off I am.

I believe the effect is called Signed Sealed and Delivered. I have footage of him performing it, and if anyone is interested, and with Shawn's permission, I will post it. (Only if Shawn allows it).
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Alikzam Wrote: "No, I know that the card is signed. I was just thinking if mybe that card is always near say the end of the deck near where the bottom flap of the pack is... or something. Depening on deck type. Just a thought."

With Shawns method the card could appear in the center of the deck if he chose to.

Scott Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3942 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I came up with my own version after seeing Shawn do it. Mine is slightly different than Shawn's in that the signed card in my version ends up reversed in a sealed deck of another color that is in new deck order. Not sure how Shawn does his but I love the trick and it kills. Spectator opens the cellophane and keeps the box.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
This basic trick was marketed YEARS AGO by George Schindler and is featured, has been featured, for years, by Ricky Jay.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Amazing card trick - Shawn Farquhar (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL