The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
Hey guys I have been working on starting my strolling work for 6 months and will be opening in about 6 months and I was wondering if any of you could give me some sample routines I can play around with here are some of the effects I own and if anyone could reccomend sample sets of three that would be great

Effects I perform the most:
Two card monte
Eye exam
A simple Book test
Key card effects
Lucky chip
Invisible deck
Cardtoon deck
Acrobatic aces
Imaginary deck prediction
Memorizing the deck
8 card brainwave

Some tricks I have that I perform but not a lot:
Fraid knot
Sharpie theough card
Insurance policy
Coins across
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What gets the best audience reactions is key.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha Josh
You have a lot of good card effect's listed.
But you need to have more of a varity of magic.
Like some good rope-coin-silk -sponge ball effect's
also.
Todd
JoshTmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
265 Posts

Profile of JoshTmagic
I do have ropes and sponge balls as wells as foam rabbits so what routines do you recommend
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
As far as rope effect's I like Professor's Nightmare
Cut and restore and Linking rope's [Ungimmicked]
There are numerous sponge ball routien's.
Jay Noblezada has a good dvd called Sponge.
Todd
JeffreyMichael1127
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of JeffreyMichael1127
I agree with Bowers. Few people can handle seeing 5 card tricks in a row. If you are doing three sets of three effects, then I would only do one card trick in one set effects. Otherwise, I feel the audience may get bored seeing card trick after card trick. For example: opener -two card monte, coins across, close with - insurance policy
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Zuke
Quote:
On 2014-02-16 12:20, Pete Biro wrote:
What gets the best audience reactions is key.

Great advice. I think it was George Carlin who said something like 'comedians write and audiences edit'. Go with the tricks you know and like and then you'll be able to gauge from your audience which ones to keep and which to ditch.

I'd also go along with the advice to add a little variety. Find a coin routine you like, something like a one coin flourish to jumbo is always a crowd pleaser in my experience. Charming Chinese Challenge is another good 'in the hands' one. Then you might consider something like a ring on string or something along that vein.

Good luck

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AndyMo805
View Profile
New user
San Luis Obispo, CA
43 Posts

Profile of AndyMo805
Hi Josh…

I Like the advice from Todd… go for a Variety. When I'm strolling… I'll usually open with the Invisible Deck… then go to Color Changing Knives… then Scotch & Soda… then Finish with Ambitious Card or Sharpie Thru Card. Next Group… maybe do a Packet Trick… then Double Copper Silver… then Sponge Balls… next group, maybe a combination of any of the above. Got a new one that I really like called Turbo Stick. Killer for strolling.

Hope that Helps…

Andy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Strolling Set (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL