The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pinnacle & CMH question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Could someone give me a review of pinnacle? Also, where can I learn Crazy mans handcuffs? Everyone seems to love it but I can't even find out where to get it. I heard it was on penguin magic but I couldn't find it there.
fingerjack
View Profile
Special user
CT, USA
568 Posts

Profile of fingerjack
I think Pinnacle is a great buy. The effect is impromptu, fun to both see and do, and well constructed. The DVD is also well made, the directions are clear, and the access is very user friendly. It also comes with two sample bands (which are not gimmicked). With a little practice, you will, as the cover says, use this for the rest of your life. I was delighted with Pinnacle, as I think my audiences are.

Crazy Man’s Handcuffs, or Penetrating Bands as it correctly known, can be found on video and manuscript form from Michael Ammar at almost any magic shop. He has an entire video dedicated to this effect and a few others, but is a bit aged. I also think it’s in his book, but I could be wrong. There is also a manuscript called ELASTRIX for under ten bucks that has this amnong its effects. Your best resource however would be Dan Harlan’s MAGIC WITH RUBBERBANDS Volume 1 on either VHS or DVD from L&. publishing. You will learn some great variations as well as some other effects. It’s the first of a 3 disc set that it well worth the investment if you find rubber band magic appealing. There are more resources, but I can't name any of the top of my head.
MAGNAPALM - The World's first psionic magnetic implants that is changing the future of magic http://youtu.be/EDmg2bp_Cas

WASHED AND DRYED - An squeaky clean incredible full deck transformation!
http://fingerjack.wix.com/washedanddryed
thumbslinger
View Profile
Elite user
This is a good number:
458 Posts

Profile of thumbslinger
Yes...you can view a demo of Pinnacle at Penguinmagic as well.
Chet Atkins, Jerry Reed and Tommy Emmanuel are all you need to study to learn to play guitar.
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
If you`re still looking for the CMH on Penguin, search for Quantum Bandits Smile
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Most magic shops carry Crazy Man's Handcuffs and the usual price is ten bucks.
I purchased mine about 2 years ago but was unable to learn it from the printed manual. I finaly had a Magician show me how to do it during a conversation with him about the effect and how much I liked it but was unable to learn it. If you have any friends in Magic ask them or better yet, join a Magic club or go to a convention and I'll bet you will have no trouble getting someone to teach you.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
Ammar's manuscript gives the real work. Period. You might get lucky learning from video or from a friend but it is important to know that when it was written up in Tarbell a long time ago, it was written up wrong. People weren't getting the reactions they should because very important subtleties were omitted.If you learn this version, you might be one of the guys that decides its a bad effect because you don't get the reactions you expect.

I used the manuscript but Ammar also has this on video. If you buy a cheap Penguin video you do so at your own risk.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
"The Magic of Micheal Ammar". He eplains CMH in detail. Very easy to learn from. Also, many other good effects. A book worth more than the price. BobbyJ Smile Smile
Liam Jones
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of Liam Jones
CMH is on http://www.magictricks.co.uk and only costs £5. Pinnalcle is also a great trick and the dvd help alot Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Pinnacle & CMH question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL