The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Double Booked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
I have accidentally been double booked at two church events this coming Saturday. What do I do? They are both at the same time and about 1.5 hours apart. One is for an audience of about 200 and the other is for an audience of about 600-700.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Honor the first one booked and find a GOOD replacement for the second.

Just my 2 cents.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Simul cast.

My church does it.

Practically sooner contact with them the better

A reschedule second one
Learn from this

Go and double book no more.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
Thanks guys. Praying is what I'm doing. We are working through some details, but it's a little touchy right now. I'm trying to reschedule the second one. It's completely my fault for being double booked and I genuinely feel terrible about it. We didn't do a contract or anything official. They are both good friends of mine. I've learned a lot from this mistake. Please pray with me that things work out.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Contracts are a must friend or no friend.

praying you get it all squared a way.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
One of my new "friends" is my Iphone..Scheduler/Calendar.

After 9 years with a Flip phone(not stick or Wilson) I moved into the modern era.

I use invoices instead of contracts.

One thing I do that helps me keep focused is journalling. I don't do it daily, but a consistent inventory of me, not my props, helps recognaize things I still need help from the Holy Spirit, and planner.

Trust in God, and check my schedule...(also lock my car, and don't leave my props at shows....and don't take other magicians props.
I am mentoring a young man...and came home with and extra 2 of clubs in my pack...good for me...not for him
To make up for it, I returned the 2 and gave him 2 brand new / red -blue decks of Bicycles.

On another note...(and from another box in my nearly normal brain) My clients use what they call step 10..Continued to take personal inventory and when we are wrong promptly admit it.

In prayer
falling short of the Glory of God.
Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
Robertology
View Profile
New user
Michigan
55 Posts

Profile of Robertology
Quote:
On 2014-02-18 08:53, Sam Sandler wrote:
Contracts are a must friend or no friend.

Especially with friends/family. It keeps the fallout lower when you can refer to something you both agreed on.

Sounds like you're resolving this well. We all mess up now and then. Good thing you figured this out while you still had time to do something about it.
- Robert
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
No matter how careful I am, every once in a while this happens. My advice is don't beat yourself up over it. Offer the party whatever is necessary to make it up to them (Free show, etc.) and then move on. After all, we live in an age of grace!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Free program....I have used that one. Great tip.

Let it go....also marvelous sage suggetion.

As my wife says, That's YESTERDAY. I think it was used by a Women of Faith presenter.

Harris
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
Thanks for all the helpful comments. We've been talking and I offered a couple of solutions. Looks like we are moving the date to March 1st. They were concerned about some financial loss they may incur because of food and frustrated ticket holders, my suggestion was to cover any financial loss with my honorarium.

I'm not a full time performer (as you can tell). However, I've been getting more and more requests and I'm trying to expand to more opportunities.

Would anybody be willing to share with me their contract/ryder that you send to churches? I'm trying to put these things together and would find value in seeing how others have done it.

Thanks again...
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
So how was this resolved? Inquiring/enquiring minds want to know!
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
dspivey
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dspivey
Terry,
One of the churches was able to move the date to a week later (last night). Everything worked out for the best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Double Booked (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL