The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spy Pad by Mark Elsdon and Full 52 Productions (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
An uncut demo is acceptable if it is performed by or approved by the creator.

Otherwise the demo risks misrepresentation and exposure.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I agree with Jamie. A demo is only as good as the performer or a particular performance (I suspect we have all had our slips).

As with many moves in magic, the move can be done well or it can be done poorly. In the DVD, Mark demonstrates and teaches the move very well and I think if someone had the patience to put in about 15 minutes of practice, they could do the move without likely being detected. It is not that difficult to make it look good. Of course, camera angles and the scrutiny of the camera make these moves much more difficult than real live performances. I am reading the Del Ray book and he refused to do any TV magic for years because of his bad experience on the Ed Sullivan Show where the camera caught something it shouldn't have. Del Ray was one of the best sleight of hand masters and even he had an occasional slip.

KJ
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Naturally I prefer a demo from the creator. I don't need info about the method, I just want to know if the handling is natural, fast and easy... Selling magic sometimes is too easy, it's this and that, and that miracle... Buy it! Just to find out later it doesn't fit the job or in a very strange or unnatural way.

If this is really that good the creator should have no problem with a demo video. Again this is an I****D****, to much handling or moves is not good for a demo, but also not good for an I****D****!

Naturally there are many products that just can't be shown on a video, especially uncut, I understand and respect that.

John Smile
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
I am still confused, Sorry for asking this but will the gaff last for ever. For example once the paper is finished do you need to buy the new gaff or will the same gaff be transferable to the next pad.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

100% transferable. It's genius.
psychomind
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of psychomind
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2014, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
100% transferable. It's genius.

Thanks, I am thinking of buying this.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Okay, wasn't expecting controversy on this one. I ordered an early copy and have a bit of time to use the Spy Pad. This is now my go to IMP device. Had been using Psypher (which always worked great for me), but the reset on this is much more convenient.

The best part of this pad is how invisible it is. They write their info, keep the paper, the pad is gone. Out of sight.

As far as replacements, it's super easy to make these. Then again I'm a notebook fanatic and have also made a ton of my own IMP devices. Remember the matchbook IMP device from 13 steps? Ya. Made and used that. Anything seems subtle after that. And I've gone down a similar path to the Spy Pad but somehow always over thunk it. This application of this particular method is wonderfully streamlined.

For me, this is my go to pad.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On May 13, 2014, bloodkin wrote:
Okay, wasn't expecting controversy on this one. I ordered an early copy and have a bit of time to use the Spy Pad. This is now my go to IMP device. Had been using Psypher (which always worked great for me), but the reset on this is much more convenient.

The best part of this pad is how invisible it is. They write their info, keep the paper, the pad is gone. Out of sight.

As far as replacements, it's super easy to make these. Then again I'm a notebook fanatic and have also made a ton of my own IMP devices. Remember the matchbook IMP device from 13 steps? Ya. Made and used that. Anything seems subtle after that. And I've gone down a similar path to the Spy Pad but somehow always over thunk it. This application of this particular method is wonderfully streamlined.

For me, this is my go to pad.

I agree with you 100% Smile
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Just got it, I like it.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On May 22, 2014, Jerskin wrote:
Just got it, I like it.

Welcome to the club Smile
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Posted this earlier and it's gone.

I've had this for some time but cannot get the instant reset to work. Help. What am I doing wrong?

Feel free to PM me on this.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
There is probably no help for it. I can't get an impression 90% of the time. When I do manage to get one, no amount of "secret moving" will make it go away. I know a lot of people seem to like this product. But for me it simply is not fit for purpose.
Lakewood, Ohio
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
I have the same problem. It doesn't reset no matter what I do or how many times I fiddle with it, the writing is still there. The only way to reset it is to do it the old fashioned way. I have emailed full 52 several times, but no response.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hmm waiting for mine...

isn't a dvd included with instructions?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On May 24, 2014, Dr Art wrote:
I have the same problem. It doesn't reset no matter what I do or how many times I fiddle with it, the writing is still there. The only way to reset it is to do it the old fashioned way. I have emailed full 52 several times, but no response.

Work the gimmick in.

Firm grip.
x
Dr Art
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of Dr Art
Thanks Jamie…appreciate the advice. However, I have put more work into this than when I discovering how to find the G spot. I also use the firmness of some of the best arm wrestling techniques.

I have come to the conclusion like all magis everywhere that sometimes you buy a nice piece of workable magic that unfortunately has a quirky bum gimmick.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I was thinking of getting this but after all these comments I think I have changed my mind.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On May 25, 2014, Dr Art wrote:
Thanks Jamie…appreciate the advice. However, I have put more work into this than when I discovering how to find the G spot. I also use the firmness of some of the best arm wrestling techniques.

I have come to the conclusion like all magis everywhere that sometimes you buy a nice piece of workable magic that unfortunately has a quirky bum gimmick.

Ha ha, great response!

Sounds like you may have a dud. Drop Mark a line and he'll sort you out with a new unit.
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Quote:

Didn't work either, built my own pad, works perfectly!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Quote:
On May 25, 2014, Sashac wrote:
Quote:

Didn't work either, built my own pad, works perfectly!

Odd, seeing as only a couple of months ago you posted a video talking about how great this was!?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Spy Pad by Mark Elsdon and Full 52 Productions (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL