The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Starting with IT magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Lucas
View Profile
Special user
TX fornow- MemberMagicCastle'65-'88
737 Posts

Profile of Richard Lucas
I whole heartedly second rtgreen's recommendation of LeClaire's dvd/video.

I don't get all the warnings re "difficulty" - it just ain't so (IMHO). IT is another tool that when studied properly and practiced accordingly, especially lighting conditions, lighting can bust you in a New York Second.

Get the LeClair and go for it. But do not do it without practicing each effect to perfection. When you can perform an effect flawlessly 10 times in a row you are ready to show it to your first victim. Not Before!!!
"The only difference between a Card Cheat and a Magician is that the Magician shows off.".......... Jay Ose 1965

Dicklucas
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Agree with Mr.Lucas, Practice Practice Practice...
since you don't get a second chance when performing an IT trick, if the thread breaks you'll have to follow up with something different.
(That's why loops are my best friend)...

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Eirik makes a good point. When working with IT, prepare a backup effect. You never know when you'll be in the middle of an effect and suddenly be left without your method.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6955 Posts

Profile of Dougini
IT is great, no doubt about it. Thing is, if it's the only thing you do, starting off, if they bust you, what will you do then? Kinda have to shrug and walk away. Have some other magic to show. Also, if the IT breaks, you're S.O.L., so have a backup ITR. When I KNOW I'm going to be in a great position to perform with IT, I carry a backup ITR ($10 from Sorcery), and keep it in standby. It's rescued me more times...

Also, if you can, get this book:

Click Here!

You will find this as valuable as the above DVD's, especially if you learn Mike Danata's "Floating Golden Stick."

Sure hope this helps a bit!

Your Friend In Magic,

Doug
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Also, if you want to see some crazy thread work, check out Dirk Losander's Art of Levitation DVD. He works with soap bubbles and it is great.
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
I bought a Finn Jon Video from Stevens Magic, the video is old (1989 I think), Finn Jon is using Loops and different IT hook ups for his Soap Bubble and levitation routines,
does anyone know if Losander's routine are original or are they just ripp-offs of Finn Jon's....?
F.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Starting with IT magic. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL