The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bob Kline's CBI (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I recently aquired a Bob Kline CBI (Can't Believe It). It is an original wooden version of the vanishing deck. In the Kline book it indicates he only made 24 of the item. In the book the photo shows a "medallion" on the front of the box. The one I have has a plain box, with no sign that anything was ever attached. Was wondering if anyone knew if he made a plain version and one with a medallion. It came with an original copy of the Kline instructions and I have no reason to suspect it is not Kline. Just curious if anyone was aware of different versions.

Also the gaffed Bicylce box that came with it has discolored over time, I suspect from age and some of the stain that was originaly used on the wooden box being absorbed. I think I can gaff a new Bicylce box quite easily, would that affect value of the piece?

Thanks!

John
magnumman
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magnumman
Hello John,

I believe that Bob Kline used various designs on the tops of the CBI boxes.

I have 2 which have different top designs. One is a genie head (attached) ; the other is a Hawiian Tiki face. I have also seen them without a decorative top design also. One with no top design was recently offered on ebay.

The boxes are made from the same type of wood. I am not sure exactly what type of wood it is though. The CBI boxes came in a protective brown felt bag as did a few of his other items.

Click here to view/download attached file.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Thanks mannesman. It came with the same bag as you have shown. I successfully replaced the card box and it looks great.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3315 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Sorry magnumman, auto spell really mangled your name above....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bob Kline's CBI (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL