The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What items do you lose most often? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
I seem to be constantly losing my tricks, gimmicks and parts from them. Am I alone here?
(I think I lose the parts for Note Pad surprise the most)

What items do you constantly find yourself losing again and again?
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Of all the things I've lost... I miss my mind the most.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Sponge balls.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm embarrassed to 'admit' this, but I lost a MUTILATED PARASOL. It was EARLY morning. I was loading the car,in the dark. I was doing my "final triumphant tour" in North Dakota, in 2003. The parasol carried separately in a black nylon case. I can only guess the "slippery" nylon case fell to the dark motel parking lot pavement, and I did not see it. $400+!!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Accidently spending gaffed coins Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
Quote:
On 2014-02-20 06:56, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Not only me then Smile
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Shell game peas.
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
None,

I personally have never LOST or Left a Prop anywhere. But I have had 2-Effects Stolen in 28 years and this was within the last 2-years.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
giobbi1
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of giobbi1
Lots of experience here. Left a small picture used for a trick called Glass Gone at a family's home years ago. When I discovered it was missing, I called them to make arrangements to go pick it up. They had thrown it away. They thought I left it there on purpose and didn't want it. A stainless steel container lined with neoprene? Really?

Several years ago, I left a house after doing a childrens show and left my tailgate down. My Mak Suitcase table with most of my act, my wireless mic and my Exporer PA fell out of the back and I didn't notice until I was home. About 50 mi. away. Some honest guy found the PA system and called me after seeing a flier I had put up the next day with my number on it. Never got my table and equipment back. Cost me (my insurance) about $1200.00 to replace everything.

The hardest part was finding the stuff. Several things were not made anymore, but I was blessed and lucky. The MAK magic table was not made anymore, but a friend who runs a local magic shop just happened to have a used one in his shop. MAK's Hippity Hop Rabbits weren't being made anymore and I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in 15 yrs and he still had his set and was willing to trade them for a replacement for his Tarbell Vol 6. Lastly was a 36" Happy Birthday silk from P&A silks. With help from Joe Mogar, I was able to get in touch with Peter White who sent me one. This was only about 4 mos before Peter passed away. I don't think I could that lucky again.
Bluesman
View Profile
Special user
Florida
567 Posts

Profile of Bluesman
Quote:
On , Poof-Daddy wrote:

I been known to do this also. Smile
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I have spent gaffed coins as well. Sponge balls and TT have all been washed or lost.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
bkmeyer
View Profile
Regular user
Greenville, SC
119 Posts

Profile of bkmeyer
One of my students told me today that at the bank where he works, a business brought in a pile of change to be counted. There was a Sc*tch and S@da half in the mix that the bank discovered. So they called the business to try to come pick it up trying to return it to its rightful owner. What surprised me is how much the bank knows about gaffed coins. My student knew the effect by name and described the gaff for other students.
Codyreese
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City
56 Posts

Profile of Codyreese
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2014, Poof-Daddy wrote:

This.
RajeshLGov
View Profile
Regular user
India
149 Posts

Profile of RajeshLGov
God Bless, I've not lost anything till date. I carry everything in particular(Specific) pockets. Most of my stuff gets back to its rightful place for those that cannot be put away I've a bag for ditching. I reset everything in the parking lot, I double check all my stuff before leaving the venue.
Best Wishes,
Raj.
daingerousmagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of daingerousmagic
I have left a pen thru dollar at multiple family members houses, and every time they throw it out because it was a "broken" pen. I couldn't find it forever until calling around to family members and they said, "Oh that was your broken pen?" Apart from that I tend to loose my coin purse by randomly setting it down. I carry it around and take it out to play with the coins all the time and end up forgetting either a coin or the whole purse somewhere. Had to make an hour drive for the purse one time, Red Lobster was very accommodating.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Gaffed coins and TTs are regular casualty's for me , TTs especially, lost count of how many I have bought over the years Smile
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Atte
View Profile
New user
Finland
33 Posts

Profile of Atte
Rubber bands. I have them always with me and I always leave them after me. Besides that I also lost my playing cards because as an high school student I often play card games with my friends and sometimes the deck just doesn't make it way back to me...

~Atte
Human being, magician, student and squash player. Order may vary depending on the situation, but usually first in the list is "human being".
DrewPett
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of DrewPett
TTs and sponge balls. Don't even know how many I've bought since I started the hobby.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
A waiter grabbed my tray stand, thinking it belonged to the country club, when I was about to pack up, one day. Luckily, my sticker was still on it, to identify it. Now, I have large lettering on the top, so that hasn't happened again.

My props all have a place in the props case, so I don't lose them. If I carry props with me, it's in a special carry pouch, so it doesn't get mixed-up with other items. I haven't lost a prop in many years. However, a sanada gimmick shattered because I had a "Nun-None" in the same pocket and someone bumped into me. Now, I put the Nun in another pocket and I made a little humidor for the gimmicks.
Sackninja
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Sackninja
I've only lost one thing so far. Fourtunatly it was a mini magic colouring book I bought for about 1.99. How I lost it is really frustrating though.

My cousin was at my house. She was about seven at the time. She saw it where I left it and seriously wouldn't let it go for some reason. She really beat the thing up. She was bending it and looking through it and asking what it was for (I hadn't even shown her the trick before). I probably should have been more careful with it but I never saw it after that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » What items do you lose most often? (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL