The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » French Drop Alternatives? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chucklerich
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of chucklerich
Was wandering besides the French drop...are there are other ways of using the hands alone to vanish a coin from one hand to the other? I have tried a long time to do the one where you fake toss the coin since I just haven't the daring or timing for that I was hoping there was another alternative as my vanishes look pretty repetitive using French Drop constantly.
DrewPett
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of DrewPett
Check out some books and DVDs, there are a plethora of different coin vanishes out there besides the French drop. I recommend Bobo's Modern Coin Magic. It includes a wealth of knowledge on all types of coin sleights and tricks, plus you can usually find it for pretty cheap.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I love the toss.

Perhaps that is not what it is called.

Original source (for me) was seing Goshman doing it back in 76.

Back then I knew next to nothing about coin work.

These days, I know less.

A full cup, can not be filled.

Now and Zen I get it write.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi chuck, welcome to the Café… Smile

As quickly mentioned here, there are many ways to vanish a coin beyond that of the French Drop. The "toss" you mention here is a wonderful way to do it and is not as difficult as you may think. Though you do it in your hands, it really happens in the eyes and minds of the spectator, and it happens every time. Smile I do this vanish often, it's something (as my buddy, Harris points out here) the great magician, Al Goshman used to do spectacularly and from amazing distances between the hands too. Uncanny! Smile

Anyway, yes as Drew says, check Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic for vanishes, there are a lot of nice ones there. Smile

Again, welcome to you, and to Drew here as well…And a great & magical day to all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Yes, people see what they see.

Now that's real magic.

Harris
who has on hold a book on neuroscience and magic at his local library
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » French Drop Alternatives? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL