We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kainoa Harbottle's new books » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
These look great! I love Kainoa's stuff on Palms of Steel 1 & 2. Does anyone know if he's going to put this stuff on dvd?

FC Smile
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
I hope not.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Such might keep him sane while schoolwork takes its toll. He has a login here... ask him
...to all the coins I've dropped here
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
I did ask him. I may soon be on the hunt for these books. I really liked his stuff on POS I & II. I think his stuff was the highlight of II.

FC
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2004-01-07 15:14, FCpreacher wrote:
I did ask him. I may soon be on the hunt for these books. I really liked his stuff on POS I & II. I think his stuff was the highlight of II.

FC

Hunt no more! When your ready to get them Click here: The Magic of Kainoa Harbottle

Lot of great ideas and routines in both books and while you there should pick up some of Curtis kams notes That is if you don't already have them.

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
816 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Since Mystre's link doesn't appear to be working, his website is http://www.kainoaland.com

300th post, who hoo!
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Thanks Maestro didn't know it wasn't working sorry guys.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Kainoa is a real genius in magic. Creative, funny and a great fellow. You can never go wrong with anything he markets!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
A little birdie told me that the vid/DVD may very well come about. It has something to do with timing. I'll say no more!!! Smile Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
Smile
Sk8rDave
View Profile
Regular user
California
189 Posts

Profile of Sk8rDave
Anyone have a favorite routine from the books? Also, is Coins on Edge exclusively on edge grip technique?

Dave
K J Jennings
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of K J Jennings
I think Kainoa's books are a gold mine of moves to work on. Even though,like Kainoa, I'm about 3fly'd out I still liked his effect from CoE called another flippin 3 fly. His pendulem hanging coins are two more effects I like. Mostly though his stuff is kind of modular. by that I mean you can just take pieces from the effects you like and use them in other effects. I'm not sure I've made myself clear. I would however highly recommend Kainoa's books (get both, they are best together). I feel I really got my money's worth.
K J Jennings
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Dave, Yes "Coin on Edge" is exclusively on edge grip work,But don't let that scare you away from getting it, The book is sure to be a classic on coin work. It has techniques on Steals,Transfers,changeovers,and much more.You should pick up both books,you won't be disapointed.

Best
Joe
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1485 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
CoE is basically on the edge grip work, even if the last part (tricks) involve some more "classic" or usual moves. I think that, if I really put the work to master the material in there, it will renew my approach to coin work.
Jonathan.
Smile
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
466 Posts

Profile of martysh
I have been working with this stuff for the past few months..
I did some at recent South Carolina Association of Magicians Convention this month..

started with Flurious Four
then did Punctuated Equilibrium Coins Across
then finished with Pendulum coins 1

the flurious is cool as it shows a coin penetrating your hand oover and over ending with not one coin but 4...
the second is stacks of coins sneaking from hand to hand
the last of course is hanging coins but showing each hand enpty along the way..

I write this to emphasize the punctuated equilibrium..which is the strongest of the lot by my thinking and one that I have been getting the most response out of ... I passed it off first read through but really have had a blast with it since showing it...in essence..small stacks of coins are stolen each way ..very well concealed to my mind..

I am glad I put the time in it starting from scratch the day I got the first book.

marty
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
786 Posts

Profile of tedski
COE is very, very,good...
but IMHO very, very, advanced
I really have only worked on the sleights and also Pendulum Hanging Coins (which I love).

I am humbled by those who can perform these routines well. Must be a lot of talented people out there.
Edge grip is one thing, but Kinky Flying Wombat? Mutobe?
Man, I have to go practice
carlb
View Profile
New user
Seattle
77 Posts

Profile of carlb
Kainoa's work is probably the most groundbreaking since Roth's Expert Coin Magic. And though you could say that it is all "edge grip" work - that is a bit misleading. He covers a number of techniques in his books COE and Cointopia that include his variation on the classic edge grip (that Roth popularized) as well as the curl palm, nowhere palm, JW grip, mutobe palm, a myriad of transfers, changeovers, vanishes, productions, transpositions, etc.

If you are creative and want inspiration or just enjoy balancing on the bleeding edge of your coins - these are MUST OWN works.
mattpuglisi
View Profile
Veteran user
Queens, NY
321 Posts

Profile of mattpuglisi
Quote:
On 2004-01-27 15:19, martysh wrote:
I write this to emphasize the punctuated equilibrium..which is the strongest of the lot by my thinking and one that I have been getting the most response out of ... I passed it off first read through but really have had a blast with it since showing it...in essence..small stacks of coins are stolen each way ..very well concealed to my mind..

I am glad I put the time in it starting from scratch the day I got the first book.

marty

I love this routine, and I'm glad to see that I'm not alone! (I've already started another thread on it here at the Café, if you'd like to share some performance experiences with/thoughts on the routine.)
Lack of invention is the mother of necessity - Robert Nozick

Instagram: @matthewthomas00
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Kainoa Harbottle's new books » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL