The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Two shells? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Not being a coin guy, I'm unfamiliar with the items mentioned here, except for Scotch & Soda. The story itself is long, but the part with the coins goes (briefly) like this:

[If this reveals too much, please have it deleted.]

Jake did the job and was paid three coins (I hold the coins up vertically in one hand so the audience sees them face on.) Then Jake plays around with one of the coins (I pretend to take one coin into my other hand but actually insert a coin into a shell) and loses it (I show that hand empty and the audience sees the other two still my first hand in view the whole time.)

Then after some more of the story, Jake plays around with another one of the coins (My moves are the same as above) and loses that coin too (Same vanish and display as above.) So now poor Jake has only one coin left.

That's the whole extent of these coins' part of the story. The story itself continues and uses other props and tricks in other parts. The coin set will be the most expensive item used. It's all a bit expensive for a single story. That's why I'll go cheap to practice and work it all out.

In my head it looks great. Smile

You guys have all been helpful and I do appreciate it. Thanks.
Bazinga!
Darkness
View Profile
Inner circle
1626 Posts

Profile of Darkness
No worries I figured as much thanks J-Mac
THE SUPERNATURAL ILLUSIONIST & EFFECTS CREATOR WWW.MRDARKNESS.COM
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Just received some Bob Swadling made double expanded Kennedy Half dollar JB Pro coin sets today and I wasnt completely satisfied with the quality. Coins are ok quality but far from perfect.

The set consists of normal coin, normal expanded shell and super expanded shell. This makes the coin higher and larger than normal expanded shell coin. Fully nested coin is 1,6-1,7 normal coins thick. So two full nests are around 3 normal coins height.

The Shells arent too deep either. When nested the uppermost shell covers maybe 50% of the original coin. The normal expanded shell covers maybe 60-70% of the coin. This leaves the edges of the coin extremely vulnerable and in all honesty, I have received better fitting Johnson shells in the past.

Also the fitting of the shells isn't nearly as perfect as one might expect. There is loose space between each shell allowing em to move and rattle quite a lot causing sound. This causes problems in shadowcoins type routines where minor shake or move can unnest the coins messing up the whole routine. The nests just cant withstand close scrutiny and I woudnt dare to use em in extreme close up on close-up mat.

However for in the hands work for vanishing 3 separate coins and making em appear the quality is good enough so one might be able to use em in routines that usually work with F****R and shell. But for table work or those looking for poor mans version of Dean Dill Explosion these wont work...

J-M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Two shells? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL