The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Darn those cheater magicians. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:
For a reach-around you need a long reach, Ray.

I gotta stop drinking iced tea and reading here...I almost spewed it all over my laptop! That made me laugh...I mean, really, really LAUGH! You guys are great! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2014, TonyB2009 wrote:
Quote:
On , Dougini wrote:
That woman looked like an ass. I'd suspect HER of using a race card, to be honest, in my opinion.

The Judge, who heard everything - both what we saw and what was left out - is in a better position to make that judgement. And he decided that the woman had not played the race card. The only one playing the race card was Mike.

Yeah, you may be right, Tony...I may be a bit biased toward Mike. The fact is, it was played. That is shameful. I still got a very bad impression from her. I dunno. Maybe it's just me. I grew up in an ethnic neighborhood. I was the only white kid. I never knew there was such a thing as racism until I went to school.

We were'nt aware. Black, Japanese, Mexican, Native American and me. I LOVE our differences! Our cultures! When fingers get pointed, "Black men...", "White women...", it diminishes us all! We are all HUMANS! What we seriously need is a "visitation" by an advanced non-human race, that shocks us into realizing that.

Doug
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Doug it is true what you say and it is even more shameful when the finger is pointed and racism is claimed when it absolutely does not happen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
What we seriously need is a "visitation" by an advanced non-human race...

That didn't work out so well for the Native Americans in 1492, unfortunately.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, landmark wrote:
Quote:
What we seriously need is a "visitation" by an advanced non-human race...

That didn't work out so well for the Native Americans in 1492, unfortunately.

:applause:
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I always say that when people are so anxious to want alien visitation. Look at how it has gone for ANY indigenous population after the visit. Pick a group. Not so cool.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, Dannydoyle wrote:
I always say that when people are so anxious to want alien visitation. Look at how it has gone for ANY indigenous population after the visit. Pick a group. Not so cool.

Tell me about it. The woman I'm dating has left some toys and diapers for her son at my house. You are looking at one nervous indigenous dude.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
Oh man, the shampoos, conditioners, and haircare products are not far behind, I tell you.
AllAboutMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
California
333 Posts

Profile of AllAboutMagic
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, Dougini wrote

I gotta stop drinking iced tea and reading here...I almost spewed it all over my laptop!

Doug

Then quit looking at dirty websites Doug.......
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I like the cartoon girl, she's feisty.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Now, this may or may not be true, and I'm mentioning no names to protect the innocence [sic], but it's interesting and perhaps not surprising:

I have a few friends in Delray, MI and one of them knows a magician who was recently a "defendant" on a TV judge show. The defendant told him that he and his friend came up with a scheme to get some TV publicity.

The plan was that the "plaintiff" would file a claim for $4000 for a prop the defendant had and would not return. In the end they figured they'd get their names, faces, and brief descriptions of their shows on a big TV show and make a "couple grand" each. And the plaintiff would still have his prop.

It seems that the plaintiff got nervous and "went off script" the moment the cameras started to roll. That might explain the "I'm also a motivational speaker with a Say No To Drugs show that I primarily do at kids birthday parties" statement. It also seems that the plaintiff also decided to do some tricks for the judge. The defendant was taken unaware by the change of plan and had no response but to laugh. The plaintiff may have gotten more nervous at seeing the defendant not playing his scripted part and so "pulled a race card." But he forgot the tape he had wouldn't jibe with that and so the whole scheme fell apart.

The defendant is a bit sore at his friend for playing up the "tried to rip me off" story at every opportunity and bragging that he now has a fantastic promo clip where he fooled the judge who now wants to hire him for a party.

I of course have no first-hand knowledge of any of this. It's all second or third-hand info and could be completely made up. But it's an interesting scenario.

Is that close, Mike?
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Smile

Darn those cheater magicians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7129 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, regardless, it made GOOD TV! If that's true, Bravo! It worked! Smile

Doug
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Very clever. Poorly executed, but very clever. Smile
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1225 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
This just got even funnier!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 28, 2014, Dougini wrote:
Hey, regardless, it made GOOD TV! If that's true, Bravo! It worked! Smile

Doug

Good TV?

I have no idea about the rest of it but good T.V. it was most certainly not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Who once said, "Even bad publicity is good publicity". Was it Madonna, or Marilyn Manson? I can't remember. Either way, my congrats to Dynamike for being the topic of 5 pages of discussion. You da man! Smile
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Andy Warhol is definitely laughing somewhere.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I think he was wrong. The promised 15 minutes of fame is morphing into 2 episodes of a reality show once you adjust for inflation.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I wonder what it is that attracts us to such things? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Darn those cheater magicians. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL