The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Darn those cheater magicians. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
longhaired1
View Profile
Veteran user
Salida
316 Posts

Profile of longhaired1
Quote:
On , Dynamike wrote:

I would have been more comfortable if the judge ordered him to deliver it to me instead. I paid someone to take me and pick it up from their house. in their van. I still felt nervous picking it up even though the judge ordered me to. As I mentioned above she call the deputy sheriffs on me.

It's a television court so I'm sure they play by whatever rules they find most entertaining, but in most small claims cases you just get monetary damages, no orders for people to do things. The way these kinds of things are handled is you pay for the truck to get your things back, then sue for the costs you had to incur.

I am actually more interested in how you went from having a dispute to it being picked up by the television show. But then I realize this thread is now more about continuing protracted flame wars that have probably been going on for years. But if you could take a few moments away from the battle it would be fun to know about your experience of getting on the show.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......ula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......ula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......rta.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......ast.html

Since Mike and everyone who has an ax to grind seems to ALWAYS miss it here are some things that might be of interest.

Now understand NOBODY has bought a ticket to come and see me. I am part of what is "provided" in their stay. So the fact that they even remember, much less mention is fairly impressive. We don't solicit them, they are what people mention when they review the stay if they happen to review it.

So Mike, go ahead lets see the unsolicited remarks you have from people on Tripadvisor.

As Bob said this crap has been debunked a LONG time ago and many times. Mike just likes to keep flame wars going. That is how Mike likes to do things. Sneaky snarky.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
YOU like to keep the flame wars going Danny. I tend to believe the negative remarks about you on the Ripoff report based on my interactions with you here on the forum and I think some people are afraid to speak honestly out of fear of lawsuits from you. I think consumers should be able to offer honest opinions without fear of lawsuits as well as they are the ones paying their hard earned money. I would rather hire Dynamike for a party before I hire you because Dynamike is a likeable guy and he seems like a genuine good person. Dynamike also has a postive attitude.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Show me a single person I have ever sued.

Funny isn't it that you feel everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as it is one that agrees with you. If they don't agree with you then they are flaming you or they are mean or what not.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On , Dannydoyle wrote:

I don't know if you have sued anybody. But I am sure some people are frightened to be honest about their opinions out of fear that you could possibly sue them. I am sure businesses have sought to get the names of anymonous reviewers to sue them for offerring their honest opinions just to shut them up. Negative word of mouth or bad reviews cost money for a business, so they might use the law to bully people who want to merely offer their honest opinions.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1334 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On , General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
On , Dannydoyle wrote:

I don't know if you have sued anybody. But I am sure some people are frightened to be honest about their opinions out of fear that you could possibly sue them.

I also have never said anything about Danny in case he finds and kills me, all my family and anyone who I have ever met.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

The possible threat of a lawsuit alone are enough to shut people up from offerring public honest opinions. People will of course offer private opinions that are not public to people they know and trust. That's part of the reality of negative or positive word of mouth advertising.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1334 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
I'm also worried he could instigate a world wide plague that wipes out half the human race, if someone looks at him the wrong way.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On , Ray Chelt wrote:
I'm also worried he could instigate a world wide plague that wipes out half the human race, if someone looks at him the wrong way.

YOU sir have given up my master plan. Muahhhh haaaaa haaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Well anyway Danny, I don't know the whole story regarding the Ripoff report. But I was glad you sent me your side of the story regarding this issue. I will also say that Mike has treated me quite well and has a positive attitude. I have also learned how to be a better magician from him so he's a stand up guy in my book.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes he has shown himself to be quite classy by doing the same thing several times. Quite a stand up guy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Well that's your opinion of Mike. You and I don't share the same opinion of him. He has been good to me, so, I have nothing but good thoughts about Mike.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So if someone is a horrible person in all other aspects of life, you are good if they are nice to you?

Cool. A legitimate position.

Now back to my plot to destroy the world.

Bob you want in on this?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I guess I better join in, otherwise I'm afraid you might sue me!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21008 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On , Dannydoyle wrote:
Http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie......ula.html

Since Mike and everyone who has an ax to grind seems to ALWAYS miss it here are some things that might be of interest.

Now understand NOBODY has bought a ticket to come and see me. I am part of what is "provided" in their stay. So the fact that they even remember, much less mention is fairly impressive. We don't solicit them, they are what people mention when they review the stay if they happen to review it.

So Mike, go ahead lets see the unsolicited remarks you have from people on Tripadvisor.

As Bob said this crap has been debunked a LONG time ago and many times. Mike just likes to keep flame wars going. That is how Mike likes to do things. Sneaky snarky.

Great now that they have taken Mikes flaming off it seems as if this was not necessary.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On , mastermindreader wrote:
I guess I better join in, otherwise I'm afraid you might sue me!!

My understanding from your past posts Bob is that you used to be a lawyer. If this is the case then you would know that you can be sued at any time, for any reason. It's a legitimate concern people would have when offerring an opinion on a business that could be negative. Few people like the experience and costs associated with that experience of being dragged into court.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone could be sued for putting an opinion of any kind on a site which solicits opinions.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
My mind was truly blown by watching that clip. This whole thing is bat **** crazy.

Sponge bunnies? BW decks? In a court?

Oops, no, sorry, a pretend court. With a pretend judge. And a pretend problem.

Ahahahaha.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On , critter wrote:
I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone could be sued for putting an opinion of any kind on a site which solicits opinions.

It might seem unlikely but you would be surprised sometimes. No matter how unlikely something might seem, I like to be prepared for such unlikely nightmare scenarios anyway. The old motto of prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I think the best way to prevent lawsuits is show respect to people and try to work things out in a legal manner outside of court. I prefer to settle any disputes outside of court in a lawful, legal way. But I still think as part of planning you have to prepare for nightmare scenarios and be ready for them. Fail to plan, plan to fail.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1279 Posts

Profile of imgic
I'm with Longhaired. Mike how did this get on TV?

Did they approach you after you filed legal paperwork?

Did you have to "apply" or "audition?"

Let us in on the details leading up to the show.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Darn those cheater magicians. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL