The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Old Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
Here's the 3 old tricks I've kindly been given.
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
Sorry! Can't get my photo to upload.II'll try later.
magic-without-magic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic-without-magic
If I give someone 1000usd for a ultra tube, will you Accept it or not?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sure.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
magic-without-magic
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of magic-without-magic
Unopened?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Is this a joke?
Over time you will reach 50 posts and than you can try for less in the buy/sell forum, under 'Wanted - Ultra Tube' Smile
But if you're desperately wanting one NOW, I'm sure someone will sell you his for 1000 USD, yes. Take in mind most UT's are not exactly 'unopened', the glue of the package often wore off over time.
pkessler
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of pkessler
How does the buy/sell forum compare with ebay in terms of quality or price?
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2014-02-22 09:44, magic-without-magic wrote:
Unopened?

Opened.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2014, magic-without-magic wrote:
Unopened?

Last month one went for 600 USD on ebay
A new one though, unopened..
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2014, Killertweety wrote:
Is this a joke?
Over time you will reach 50 posts and than you can try for less in the buy/sell forum, under 'Wanted - Ultra Tube' Smile
But if you're desperately wanting one NOW, I'm sure someone will sell you his for 1000 USD, yes. Take in mind most UT's are not exactly 'unopened', the glue of the package often wore off over time.

What is this absurd idea of not being able to visit the BUY/Sell thread limiting 50 posts?
one should be allowed to go there as a visitor, if not a seller.
If I want to buy, I should be allowed a visit.
I understand the sell side of it. But someone looking to buy should not be restricted with this cruel 50 post rule.
What if I want to post a "wanted" type?
I do not even find a link to visit a Buy sell forum...
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
You cannot do anything in the buy and sell forum until you have 50 posts... why? I don't know, ask Steve. My guess is that it is to prove you are a real person and serious and not looking to just scam people or what not... who knows?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's to keep scammers away, I'm sure.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I think also the intent was to encourage active participation and provide a "reward" for posting. One reward being access to the Buy/Sell area and the other access to Inner Secrets where methods are more openly discussed. It may be false sense of security bit I feel more comfortable purchasing items from individuals that have some posting history. Keshtopatel you are only 33 posts away, will not be long before you have full access.

John
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, J M Talbot wrote:
It may be false sense of security bit I feel more comfortable purchasing items from individuals that have some posting history. Keshtopatel you are only 33 posts away, will not be long before you have full access.

John

I agree. I would never buy from someone with less than 100 posts. In general, in doesn't make sense to go to the effort and post 100 legitimate posts to scam someone for 30 bucks or so. The more legitimate posts the more reliable.
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, edshern wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, J M Talbot wrote:
It may be false sense of security bit I feel more comfortable purchasing items from individuals that have some posting history. Keshtopatel you are only 33 posts away, will not be long before you have full access.

John

I agree. I would never buy from someone with less than 100 posts. In general, in doesn't make sense to go to the effort and post 100 legitimate posts to scam someone for 30 bucks or so. The more legitimate posts the more reliable.

Somebody who wants to scam will do so.
Number of post does not make it a foolproof deal.
I am here on this site since one year.
Which should be enough to grant us such rights for BUY/SELL
It should be like a oil change = 5000 kilometers or 6 months which ever comes first.
More, our office/business emails are given(Freebee emails are not allowed)
We people do not want a bad name for 80-100 USD.
If the moto to help the magic industry to make it in the name of Magic brotherhood, they should allow someone with one year of membership.
However I am not going to plead this case to Steve.
If they do not see the merit of being here for 12 months and our emails being at stake...
What else can be said.
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
540 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Wow! One year and 18 posts. I guess you do not have much to say. Until now...
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, Richard Kaufman wrote:
It's to keep scammers away, I'm sure.

RK I just don't think so.
It just takes one post a day religiously = easy target and easy job.
Within or less than 2 months, target achieved.
If that is the reasoning behind this...
Whereas genuine people like me are hampered on this.
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, pierredan wrote:
Wow! One year and 18 posts. I guess you do not have much to say. Until now...

Just think if I were a scamist ...
Which I am not.
Number of posts does not represent your cheating skills..
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Obviously just the number of posts does not guarantee a legitmate poster or transaction. A scammer could easily make a coupel of meaningless posts each day and reach the 50 limit within a few weeks and appear legit.... then could scam...
So clearly 50 posts does not prevent scammers.

Nonetheless it helps keep peopel away who are not really participating in the community or the spirit of the boards. There are people who may not be scammers and are only interested in selling items and that is it. Steve has decided that he does not want that type of post. He wants selling to be reserved for active contributers to the boards... and he has every right to make that decision.

Rather than complaining about a policy that you do not liek why not simly start participating in other conversations? Perhaps you will not only hit the required 50 posts but also realize that there is a lot of good information and enjoyment to be had... and maybe THAT is the real reason for the 50 post minimum.
keshtopatel
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of keshtopatel
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, teevtee wrote:
Obviously just the number of posts does not guarantee a legitmate poster or transaction. A scammer could easily make a coupel of meaningless posts each day and reach the 50 limit within a few weeks and appear legit.... then could scam...
So clearly 50 posts does not prevent scammers.

Nonetheless it helps keep peopel away who are not really participating in the community or the spirit of the boards. There are people who may not be scammers and are only interested in selling items and that is it. Steve has decided that he does not want that type of post. He wants selling to be reserved for active contributers to the boards... and he has every right to make that decision.

Rather than complaining about a policy that you do not liek why not simly start participating in other conversations? Perhaps you will not only hit the required 50 posts but also realize that there is a lot of good information and enjoyment to be had... and maybe THAT is the real reason for the 50 post minimum.

Selling part?
Well understood.
Comprendo senior.
But what if I have to buy?
Can I be a scamster, if I just buy?
Or post a "wanted" type post?
Where you see the scam here?
Meaningless.
People are busy, people are honest, people lurk everyday,does not mean they are probable scamsters..
Does not cut the mustard.
My email is traceable, I would not cheat anyone for 1000 USD.
Many men many minds.
This rule = Irrational.
IMO, that is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Old Tenyo (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL