The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Should I just do something else? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
trampabroad
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trampabroad
For card effects it is possible to do one-handed DL's with practice. It took me about two weeks. Just explain that your left is no good, or that you will only use one hand "because otherwise it'll be too easy."
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, 5ublim3 wrote:
Thank you all for the votes of confidence. I've talked to several people who have been quite helpful. I guess what I'm having trouble doing is getting the break under x number of cards metaljohn. I cant feel how many cards I push over, I seem to be lacking in strength to get a pinky count or to push with the thumb. I am hoping I get the strength as I continue to practice though. My whole forearm seems to get shaky after just a few minutes of playing right now lol.

Harry Lorayne used a method where the pack is held in the left hand and the right hand thumb is run up the edge nearest to you; alternatively a strike double would also work. Pinky counts are great but it is not the only method. If you can hold the pack in dealers grip in your LH you should be able to do a DL with your right. That said practice will improve your ability....the nerves will relearn what they once had....but it will take time.

Best wishes,

Danny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Should I just do something else? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL