The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card Cube (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, VeSperoMagica wrote:
it can be done with business cards too.

I agree completely that this effect is a great way to give away your business card and an ideal one as they will more likely keep it.
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
That's the way I always use it.
Act as if I'm going to give my business card and stop midway to say that "between us this is not important enough for you to keep. It's just a piece of cardboard. But if we create a memory..." While doing the cube.
Hand the cube out with a normal business card for them to have a reference. They surely keep both!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.orionmagicproductions.com
Craig Logan
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
541 Posts

Profile of Craig Logan
Magicians need to stop thinking like magicians. There is great value to this as entertainment to a spectator. And it is a remarkable souvenir. Good job.
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I think this is a great way to give out a souvenir, whether it's a business card or incorporating it into a card trick. I can see this in a selected card effect where their card disappears from the deck and appears in something like a Porper strong box... if I could just figure out a way to have a spectator sign the box without realizing it's a box. How about a deck switch with a gimmicked deck with cards cut out so the box fits into the center of the deck of cards?

I really think there is a phenomenal routine in this.

KK
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2014, mediocre_magic wrote:
Magicians need to stop thinking like magicians. There is great value to this as entertainment to a spectator. And it is a remarkable souvenir. Good job.

I agree with you... with a little twist... Magicians needs to stop thinking like consumers. Many people can't see beyond what is presented to them. This is a gem... all you have to do is add a little creativity to put it into a routine.

I think this is one of the best ideas in a long time!

KJ
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Thank ytou guys!
Let me just add the removal of the signature part.
When the spectators choose a playing card...you turn it into a cube and palm of the card (thus making the playing card non existent) it can only seal the deal that the actual playing card bacame the cube. No need to worry about signing it.
I really busted my head over how it can be signed and only when I started performing it I understood why that didn't matter at all.
Cheers to you all my friends!
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nice origami idea, this looks really good, I would buy it if it wasn't so expensive. This is right up there with the folding a dollar bill into a ring and Bunny Bill, very novel and people will enjoy. Girls will keep and show around.
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

10 pounds is "so expensive"? Come on mate, it's a great routine, has a lot of extra ideas and there's a lot of work put into that from me and the Alakazam team.
<BR>
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Smile
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

@tomsk192 Heheheheh...getting ready to see a match eh? Come on, I'm just saying my opinion.
<BR>
Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Some Reviews on my Card Cube from
Jeff Stone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuCobUbtakg
and Kyle Marlett
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIhLYfcDhG4

Enjoy!
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Card Cube (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL