The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canada Wins Hockey Gold! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Congrats to Canada for winning the gold medal in ice hockey! Congrats to Sweden for silver! Final score 3-0 Canada. You know the citizens of Canada are really proud of both their men and women's team after this amazing performance. BOTH women and men's team took hockey gold. It really boosts the hockey tradition for Canada to sweep the games like that in both the mens and womens ice hockey.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thank you GM. All the athletes from all countries should be proud for representing their countries. I especially thought it was special the Russians had a clean sweep of the 50 K and received their medals at the closing ceremonies - a story book ending for them.

Thought this vid represents how the citizens of Canada from communities all across the country reacted to the Hockey Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtBSyZZ5ro
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On , Chrystal wrote:
Thank you GM. All the athletes from all countries should be proud for representing their countries. I especially thought it was special the Russians had a clean sweep of the 50 K and received their medals at the closing ceremonies - a story book ending for them.

Thought this vid represents how the citizens of Canada from communities all across the country reacted to the Hockey Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jtBSyZZ5ro

It doesn't show up here in the US. It says "The uploader was not made available in your country...sorry about that." Is there another link to this video?
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,
I'm not sure why the link didn't work as I copied/pasted from Youtube where there exist many like it. I posted not to boast but to show heartwarming scenes of young and old alike from communities across the country jumping for joy at the win. Hockey is so important to Canadian culture that it's even included on the back of our five dollar bill! A few lines from a famous Canadian writer Roch Carrier story "The Hockey Sweater" in which it's stated that in Canadian culture the church, school and hockey is our lives.(Can't remember the order in which it's listed.)
People always chuckle that it's on our money.

In 2010 our Prime Minister encouraged Canadians that it was okay to be patriotic and wave our flags as we could always apologize to the rest of the world later. Yes, that pretty much sums up Canadians.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

I don't know why I can't see the video either. I just wanted to see the video! I am sure it was not a boastful video, but I still wanted to see it. I used to play ice hockey against the French Canadians when I was a kid living in upstate New York. So, Canadians to people in that part of the US are like any American citizen as well. In that part of the US, Americans and French Canadians got along quite well and we played ice hockey against each other. Many of the people in that part of the US also have French roots.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Here is a cool story of team USA's hockey team adopting stray dogs: https://sports.yahoo.com/video/usa-hocke......521.html

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Canada Wins Hockey Gold! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL