We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Tarbell -- production of money from pad of paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Tarbell has a nice effect involving the production of a wad of bills from a pad of paper, after having drawn, say, a 2-D bag of money. That said, the load is pretty intuitive. As I think about drawbacks, it occurs to me that fundamentally, production of paper from paper is not as surprising as production of a more foreign object from paper -- i.e., a bird, or a soccer ball. I apologize if this is not the proper forum, but has anyone attempted performance of this, and how did it go over?
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
It's all done and even heavier. Search for Bowl-A-Rama, by Kevin James.
How did it go over? Hear the audience reaction, when the ball hits the floor.
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Thanks. Now if I can just figure out how to squeeze a llama into an easel-sized box.
pkessler
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of pkessler
Along these lines, I've been thinking a bit more about the workings of the trick that is variously called "Keg of Plenty," and "Barrel of Spirits" and the like -- basically, an empty barrel makes production through a piece of paper. Feels like the same genre as the production from an easel -- except a liquid rather than paper load. And I've also been thinking about the charming effect of the Magic Kettle, and the Steinmeyer cousin, Hospitality. Would be nice to (a) do a paper production from a a 2-D bag on an easel (reveal #1), and then do a liquid production from a 2-D keg on an easel (reveal #2), and then lift the 2-D keg, and do another liquid production from a separate load on the body (reveal #3), and then switch the production on the body to a second load, which would switch the liquid (reveal #4). I'm partial to two body loads, which departs from the Magic Kettle method, etc, simply because earlier in the act I already want to perform a Magic Kettle/Hospitality trick and do not want to retrospectively tip that method by repeating it. A three minute trick. I find that the tricks/routines that really compel me tend to use disparate gimmicks in close tandem to utterly whipsaw expectations.

I imagine the above is already done to death, in the manner of the Kevin James bowling ball -- so forgive me, I'm a babe in the woods! -- but still think the trick could be nice if it were executed quickly and put away with minimal fuss. The drawbacks I think would be (1) having to schlump about with two body loads until getting to the trick; (2) gracefully switching from reveal#3 to reveal #4 -- i.e., no frat party fumbling; and (3) presumably ditching the mechanism thereafter so as to free the body for other shenanigans.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Tarbell -- production of money from pad of paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL