The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IClear (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I didn't say I disliked him, I said he was a muppet. Some of my friends are prone to being muppets. Not exactly the harshest judgement, chaps. If I hated him I'd use different language. But take from it what you will. There's someone else on these boards who consistently equates criticism with jealously. Gawd help us if he shows up... Smile
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On , magicblademan wrote:
I cannot understand the jealousy regarding dynamo..good luck to him I say.

I'm not sure it's jealousy so much as not likging his performing style. The boyo is stiff and dull to watch.
Official Thread Killer
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
Is this available anywhere in a 4s design? Not a lot of people have the 5/5s yet.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I just read through the rest of this thread. Two things.

1. I saw a Omni-Iphone at least 2+ years ago. I remember talking about using a Omnideck to make a phone turn clear before that. When I saw Jay Sankeys Omni-TicTac box.

2. The quality didn't look great, of the one I saw. Basically like a Omni deck with a hole drilled where the button should be.
Shin's look amazing. Like a iPhone actually turned clear.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Lookslike this only comes in Silver and Gold I phones. Not to meny people carry thoese as well.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
It's. Rip off. It's not his to sell
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
Hello, I like the great idea from Shin Lim, and I also like the video of his "ICONIC trailer" that he post in this thread.

I have done a quick search on google and I have found this thing "the omni iphone"

http://www.dudethatscoolmagic.co.uk/acat......222.html

looks good... what do you think about?
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The is yet another phone effect that only works with the 1 percent of phones that do not have a case installed.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On , pegasus wrote:
The is yet another phone effect that only works with the 1 percent of phones that do not have a case installed.

Is it really that big a deal to ask them to remove the phone from the case? It shouldnt be that hard to come up with a convincing line as to why to do so.

The bigger problem is finding a silver or gold iPhone 5/5S in my mind.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:
On , Alan Rorrison wrote:
It's. Rip off. It's not his to sell

I seen the video you were talking about. But then he should of put the effect out. There are a lot of ideas that come from diff effects out there. I whould not call then rip offs. Even the effect you put out with the key. There are a few that came out before yours that you could link a rubber band to. So was Linky a rip off?
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I like the visual nature of this effect but I personally would never ask someone to remove their phone from it's protective case. What if it accidentally falls and breaks during this process? The community needs more effects where the phone stays inside it's protective case....Just my two cents worth.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On , TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On , pegasus wrote:

Is it really that big a deal to ask them to remove the phone from the case? It shouldnt be that hard to come up with a convincing line as to why to do so.

Er yes it is actually. Completely kills the effect. Most cases are designed to be difficult to remove for a start. It's great for a TV plot but that's as far as it goes IMO. And the fact it's ltd to gold and silver makes this prop unusable.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On , pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On , TuneHV wrote:
Quote:
On , pegasus wrote:

Er yes it is actually. Completely kills the effect. Most cases are designed to be difficult to remove for a start. It's great for a TV plot but that's as far as it goes IMO. And the fact it's ltd to gold and silver makes this prop unusable.

Sorry, but what case is difficult to remove? Every iPhone case I have ever owned can be removed in about 2 seconds. I just don't see how easily removiing a case "completely kills the effect". You can even play it up and turn it into a joke by saying "Do you remind if I remove the case? I know you bought it to protect the phone, but you trust me to do something crazy with it, right?"

I agree that the biggest issue is finding someone with a Gold or Silver iPhone 5/5S- THAT could completely kill the effect.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Dynamic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dynamic
Quote:
On , TuneHV wrote:

Come up with three that 5 or more people agree is convincing and I'll buy "Shin's" trick for you. Smile
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Its not shins effect! its a rip off!
magicblademan
View Profile
Special user
uk
523 Posts

Profile of magicblademan
Quote:
Seems some people don't have ethics Alan when it comes to ripping off artists !!They see a trailer and just want it and to hell with who created it.
If you put the time in....you will achieve ...
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:

You keep saying this. But this looks nothing like the Dynamo version (which is terrible). This may be terrible too, but at least the preview looks good.

Why is he not allowed to release his version of the effect which is obviously different than your version?
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Quote:

Joe Porper key.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On , MR Effecto wrote:
Quote:

Joe Porper key.

You mean the key that can be impossibly linked to stuff? I wonder how long ago that came out...
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On , Dynamic wrote:
Quote:
On , TuneHV wrote:

Come up with three that 5 or more people agree is convincing and I'll buy "Shin's" trick for you. Smile

The backs of iPhones are made of a very special material just take it out of the case and I will show you.

The Apple logo on the back of the phone does something amazing if you push it, take it out of the case and I will show you.

Have you ever seen inside an iPhone if you take off the case I'll show you something amazing.

What colour is the back of your phone........ are you sure lets have a look, take it out of the case.

Can I borrow your phone, is that a protective cover...yes... ok lets take it off to see if the phone is ok I don't want to be accused of damaging it.

Can I borrow your phone, oh is that a protective cover... yes... oh well we won't be needing that then (said as a joke)

Just a few ideas off the top of my head!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » IClear (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL