The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best Jimmy Stewart Line (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's crazy how sometimes the funniest lines turn out to be the one's you improvise on the spur of the moment.

I was doing a comedy club, and I had just finished a routine where I did an impersonation of Jimmy Stewart and Harvey doing a magic trick.

Well I finished the routine, and the audience applauded, and out of the blue it hit my mind, so I spoke it out of my mouth. (In Jimmy's Voice) "Well, I guess I'll go back to being dead now." Bam! It hit! The audience burst out in the loudest laughter of the night. I mean, they were just guffawing. I mentally patted my self on the back, and topped it off with "What would Jimmy say if he were alive right now? He'd say "Help! Help! Let me out!" (followed by mime of scratching on the coffin lid.) Bingo! Even louder guffaws! Man I was on a roll!

So my point is this: If that spur of the moment line hits you like an epithany, then go for it! You just might strike gold!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Taperecorder, taperecorder
I have said it before.

My memory is failing and I ask my wife " What the heck did I say that killed them so bad? I can't remember"

You are right...they come out of nowhere. Catch them and cherish them.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'll take that one step farther. Cherish them and be sure to use them again in your next performance!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best Jimmy Stewart Line (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL