The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THOUGHT CARDS by Kenton Knepper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

So I wanted to chime in here and tell you about a brand new release from Kenton Knepper called THOUGHT CARDS.

If anyone saw the FCM Interview Peter Turner, Atlas Brookings, Fraser Parker, and Luca Volpe did to Kenton Knepper, you will know that Kenton performed a piece for Peter that blew Peter away.

Basically he had Peter think of a playing card, and tell nobody, he then started to divine the card. It looks that clean via Skype, and on stage. You can use a deck of cards, or you don't have to.

Obviously there is something here that's involved, but you shouldnt worry about it.....Peter can attest to this when he gets a chance, but its as clean as it gets.

You get a 29 page ebook as well as the necessary gimmicks to perform this piece. There are several ways you can perform this, and Kenton lets you choose whatever way you want.

It is $24.95, not very expensive, and you can add this to your close-up or stage/parlour repertoire, which I plan to do.

Kenton has taken a very old principle and spun it on its head. I currently use this principle for something else, and am glad that it has been applied here.

You can purchase it at www.wonderwizards.com

I get nothing for promoting this, you have to see the video to know what I'm talking about, to see how clean it looks, and how it felt, especially for Peter Turner.

Any questions, let me know

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1533 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
At which point in the video is the effect presented ?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Let me check and I will advise.

Hold on
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uki-U81w5CA&feature=share

Here is the video, and the effect starts at 25:45

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
SolidSnake
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of SolidSnake
Looks ok
There is no holy grail!
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I believe that what is shown on the video is the "best case scenario"---correct me if I'm wrong. I reiterate to potential customers---there are many presentations, and what is seen on video happens to be the best case scenario.

Regards,
Mike
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hi Mike,

Yes and No, there really is no best case scenario. and there really is no worst case scenario.

cant explain much more without tipping the method, but I plan to use this in some of my parlour shows, its that good.

i like it a lot...

not that hard to do...........presentation driven effects are everything, you don't care about the props....remember this way up........just an example, of how props don't matter.

i have been performing this all day today, and it gets a good response.

I will try it out on stage, which I think will kill.

Alex Alejandro
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I stand corrected, but there are "better" and "worse" case scenarios, right? (even if they are not the best and worst, per se).

Regards,
Mike
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Yeah partly true....
Matt Chalk
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
166 Posts

Profile of Matt Chalk
I love Kentons work and am really looking forward to purchasing this effect.
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
So you go to the ad and its quite explicit that the spec picks a card from a chart with rows and rows of cards and tells you how many rows their card is in and, using the power of your mind, you can tell them their card.

A variation on the kind of thing you used to get in kids magic sets.

And Pete was blown away by this was he.

Jeez !!!
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
340 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
SO the presentation on the you tube video is not accurate?
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
It is, yet its not.

You are not seen the full potential of this.

I have used this already on stage, and it kills.

It all depends on how you use it.

Alex
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
For clarity from the ad ;

Someone thinks of a card. The performer hands the participant a sort of 52 On 1 chart, but made up of many decks. With a few simple questions and some sort of "mental training" the performer KNOWS what card a person has in their mind only.

Unknown to all but a select couple of people Kenton performed this at MINDVENTION. NO ONE KNEW, not even the biggest names in mentalism in the audience, how Kenton was able to predict for certain a card someone in the audience only had IN THEIR MIND. That secret is in this work!

Take THOUGHT CARDS with you and perform it anywhere. There are many applications, but here are a few:

* A performer has a radio interviewer look at rows of cards to see if a card the interviewer is thinking of is in some of the rows. The performer, long distance, names the card they are truly only thinking about.

* A member of the audience merely thinks of any playing card. The performer removes six playing cards claiming he has the whole deck whittled down to these six. The participant is put into a trance and starts to see their card on more than one of the six cards! Then the performer names the card the participant admits they have only been thinking about.

* A friend thinks of any playing card. The performer shows a chart of eight rows with about 20 to 30 cards in each row. Testing mental ability and memory, the performer asks which rows the person sees their card in. The performer removes one card from the deck and it is the thought of card. The card appears in many rows (perhaps) but the performer always knows which card is theirs.

* On platform or stage, (as Kenton secretly did at Mindvention and no one knew!) this may be used to know before the show what card a person has only in their mind. This is not an "instant stooge" but a diabolical approach to knowing a thought of card for certain, even though no one thinks you could possibly know what it is.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2231 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
I personally use it like this:

* On platform or stage, (as Kenton secretly did at Mindvention and no one knew!) this may be used to know before the show what card a person has only in their mind. This is not an "instant stooge" but a diabolical approach to knowing a thought of card for certain, even though no one thinks you could possibly know what it is.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I downloaded it today.

There appears to be a wee bit of an issue. Nothing big. I did send a note to Kenton pointing this out.
I can say no more about it here without giving things away. PM me if you want to know. It is easily remedied. I really like this simple effect and
will be using it Friday night.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Interesting, just a single question:

Does this method work in any language or just in english?
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I cannot see why this would not work in any language.

In addition, I am happy to point out this minor problem IF you already own Thought Cards. And it is 100% not a reason
to buy them now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » THOUGHT CARDS by Kenton Knepper (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL