The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tell me about yourself (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2014, Theodore Lawton wrote:
I'm jealous of your outdoor kitchen!

What was the process to get a therapy dog?

Thanks Theodore. The kitchen was a retirement gift to myself.

Below is the link to Therapy Dog International. This should tell you everything you need to know. http://www.tdi-dog.org/HowToJoin.aspx?Pa......irements
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2014, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2014, Theodore Lawton wrote:
I'm jealous of your outdoor kitchen!

What was the process to get a therapy dog?

Thanks Theodore. The kitchen was a retirement gift to myself.

Below is the link to Therapy Dog International. This should tell you everything you need to know. http://www.tdi-dog.org/HowToJoin.aspx?Pa......irements

Very cool! I've often thought about doing volunteer magic at a hospital or retirement home. Kudos to you for getting out there and doing it. If you ever get out to southern California, bring your discs and drop a line - lots of courses (some are even pretty nice) and weather is rarely a factor.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I foster for five different rescues. While most people prefer fostering puppies and kittens, I have a soft spot for the seniors and special needs animals. I often get cruelty seizure animals brought to my home or those who have injuries in which they can recover in a home environment instead of a shelter. Animals with broken jaws, pelvis, legs and many with various illnesses.

As a kid, I was forever bringing home strays and always said "when I grow up I'm going to have a place where the unadoptables can have a forever home". It took years of saving my pennies but I opened up an animal sanctuary a few years ago. The fosters still belong to the various rescues but those that never get adopted will remain the rest of their lives with me as I adopt those ones. As a result I have a lot of one eyed, 3 legged, neurologically impaired pets. Dogs, cats, bunnies, guinea pigs and chickens. They all have stories and several have been featured in magazines. One was on the cover of a calendar and three of them had their stories and bios displayed at the Museum of Animals in LA. They all live harmoniously together in the peaceable kingdom.

I love power tools, and know how to use them! Another passion of mine is building things and home renos. Just last week, I was thrilled as I found a store that had recently bid on a storage locker full of new/used power tools. Purchased a table saw, impact driver, and router. I received a new Mitre saw for Christmas! (Took a long time to convince my b/f that Yes, it's what I really wanted and who cares what people thought if someone asked what he got me for Christmas..ha ha).

I have a bucket list in which I write 50 things I want to do in life and when completed I start a new one (I'm on the third one).

Lastly, I'm involved in a
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
I rob banks, drink alcohol until I'm totally blitzed, and bring my girlfriends home to meet the wife (though she tends to kick them out).

Actually, like the previous poster, I love animals - all of them. An ambition of mines is to open sanctuaries in places like Bulgaria, where animals mean very little to them.
However, I've got no chance of ever having the money to do anything like that. I sincerely wish I did.
My proudest possession is a tattoo I had done on my arm which has a picture of a cat and say's "DEATH TO ANIMAL CRUELTY"

My other ambition is to be a social security scrounger like the royal family, who live on state benefits in total luxury. Not bad if you can do it !

Bobby.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Bobby for a minute I thought you were Toronto mayor, Rob Ford....that is until I started reading more. Smile

You are right that many countries place little value on animal's lives and it pains me to hear about it. However, it helps that while we can't save them all to the one that we do, it changes their lives forever.

Even fostering one animal so it can heal or be socialized to go to a forever home helps. I wish you the best as you never know someday your dream may come true.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Animal sanctuaries... that's really nice. There's potential for a children's book in those characters Chrystal.

...power tools? You go girl! I love going to home improvement stores.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks Theodore!

Writing a children's book is a great idea!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2014, Chrystal wrote:
Thanks Theodore!

Writing a children's book is a great idea!

Agreed! And when should we expect this?? Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Good idea Theodore. I almost replied much earlier when you first put this up but was going too negative with present circumstances really stressing me out and almost sending me into bad depression. Anyways, the ongoing family situation has gotten a little better but major prayer and vigilance is still in order.
As far as my other interests (things I used to enjoy and will one day again soon hopefully) are as follows:

1. Youth ministry volunteer, although been taking a break from that for the last couple of years after having been involved for 10+ years.

2. Computer games, primarily WoW & Diablo 3 (almost time for the expansion pack to be available).

3. Enjoy playing basketball, fortunate to have avoided knee or ankle trouble all these years. My wife has knee problems, I sometimes joke that I have "kid knees" haha.

4. Enjoy watching movies on the big screen although the price is becoming prohibitive.

5. Finding time to read again, especially with the acquisition of a Kindle last Christmas. With my eyes almost in the legally blind category the backlit feature really helps due to my lighting requirements.

If sincerely interested and possibly willing to pray, feel free to send me a PM for some additional information.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I'm arrogant, frustrated, misunderstood, and not a magician.

Truth be told, I find 99.9% of the magic I've seen to be embarrassing. But I like Tommy Wonder.

I joined to ask questions in the gambler's forum. I'm interested in "justice among thieves". So I landed here at the Café.

The only reason I stay here and still post is because I am unbalanced. Some of you still make me think. Some of you make me look things up. Some of you elicit admiration. Some of you have asked favors. Some of you have returned favors that I will never forget. Some of you are simply good people.

But me? Who gives a flying fornication? I'm just a figure of your imagination. A Magic Café somebody.

My name is Jeff.

Those who remember that impress me greatly.

Oh...oh...oh! And I'm posting because Glen posted. Glen knows my name.

Tommy does, too. And a few others.

This place also gets depressing, when you think about it.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, stoneunhinged wrote:

The only reason I stay here and still post is because I am unbalanced.

I thought you stayed here and posted just to make this place cooler for the rest of us. Must be one of those unintended consequences.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1298 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Oh...oh...oh! And I'm posting because Glen posted. Glen knows my name.

I'm honored!

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2758 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Besides working for a living (if you can call a Walmart paycheck "a living,") I also read borderline science fiction (Terry Pratchett and Spider Robinson being my favorite authors.)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
942 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
1) All sorts of art and craft work. This is possibly a holdover from my career in the theatre, but I do everything from 3D (woodworking, jewlery making) to 2D (printmaking, drawing, graphic design--old school and computer-- and painting).
2) I grow hot peppers and make some fine--I've been told and think myself--hot sauces.
3) RPG enthusiast
4) Backgammon
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Tell me about yourself (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL