The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » 'Q system' remote control MP3 player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Its_Nick
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Its_Nick
Hi – below is info on a new type of remote control mp3 player called the ‘Q system’. It has been designed by a performer for performers (not just magicians), to give as much flexibility in use of operation as possible. In its simplest configuration you can plug an existing MP3 player you already own, along with your existing headset microphone into a little box called a ‘Q link’ and then connect the Q link to your radio transmitter pack to operate both your music and microphone wirelessly. (Designed for use with Sennheiser systems, but compatible with many others)

In its most sophisticated form, music or sound effects can be activated or remotely controlled by toe switches, tilt switches, magnets, or by custom configurations. There are many advantages over other equipment, but since all equipment has pros and cons I will list the cons here, as those are some of the most wanted and debated facts, and the pros will be obvious once the video and website has been browsed – there is no pause function (stopping a track will mean that if the same track is reactivated it will start from the beginning again); there is no auto fade facility – this needs to be done manually; and it is not polyphonic i.e. it is not able to play multiple simultaneous tracks.

The video is slightly out-dated now, as one button on the remote keyfob can now also be operated via a magnet - all four buttons still have their press function as well.

If you would like more information then please view the website, watch the video and then contact me through the website, as I won’t be answering questions here - possibly just updating information if required. www.stuffandthings.co.uk/mp3.htm

I also build some of the best truly portable battery powered PA systems in the world, used and loved by many of the world’s top street performers. Everything is custom hand made in the UK by me. www.stuffandthings.co.uk/pa.htm

Nick.

"Nick I just love it, this is absolutely fantastic." - Gazzo – Magician.

Click here to view attached image.
Its_Nick
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Its_Nick
Bernie bennett review - "I’m very impressed with this piece of kit – it’s very versatile and the music files start instantly which ever way you trigger them, with no annoying hibernation modes kicking in either. Thanks for making this available to the rest of us – I hope you sell lots. Cheers bernie"

Pierrick Quebec review - "I am learning to use the Q thing, I find it great"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » 'Q system' remote control MP3 player (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL