The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Poker Test 2.0 by Erik Casey (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
C.J.Magic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of C.J.Magic
I bet this would be fun to do as a sobriety test.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
CJ,
Yeah, it is really a great trick to have at the bar! I know for a fact that I have done it before in that presentation style. It is definitely fun.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
I hate to be that guy, but Poker Test is almost to 200 reviews on Penguin Magic, and I would, personally, just like to see it get there.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2951
If you haven't reviewed it yet, AND you own it, I would truly appreciate a review.
I got nothing but love for you guys,
Erik
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Https://youtu.be/Zv9jhbcDu58
Here is another performance of The Poker Test 2.0, it is short and concise.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Hey Guys,
Just posting this here for "archival" reasons for when magicians look up this trick, they may find this as well.
I am writing a series on the creation of this trick and what it took to get it produced, I hope you find it interesting!
Part 1: http://pinnaclespades.com/2016/01/29/the-poker-test-part-1/
Part 2: http://pinnaclespades.com/2016/03/02/the-poker-test-part-2/
Part 3: http://pinnaclespades.com/2016/03/09/the-poker-test-part-3/
Part 4: In Progress

Thanks,
Erik Casey
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
See message above.
Part 4: http://pinnaclespades.com/2016/03/31/the-poker-test-part-4/
Thanks,
Erik Casey
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
AND PART 5!! I know everyone was waiting for it. Smile
https://pinnaclespades.com/2016/04/22/the-poker-test-part-5/

This is a 5 part story about the creation of The Poker Test. Not how I made the gimmick, but more how I made the trick/product. It is an insight to a young magicians first time ever "producing" something bought by the masses.
Thanks for reading everyone! I'll quit spamming this thread now.

Much love,
Erik Casey
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Yeah, glad I found this review. I had similar frustrations with my original gimmicks not working correctly. But Eric posted a very nice teaching video on Penguin magic (got access to it when I purchased Poker Test 2.0).I wish I had paid attention to it when he first put it up there.He teaches how to make the gimmicks for Poker Test. I followed his directions and I am glad to say that it works like a charm. Making the gimmicks is not difficult I am very excited about all the possibilities that I can do with these cards now.
I'm very happy with the effect. Now that I know how to make customizeable gimmicks, I can do many different variations of this effect. And when my gimmick wears out, I know how to make new ones.
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Robson's stick works wonders for this too.
I tell you this item was a game changer for me. I use it on everything now.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Yeah, I read that was good stuff. I'm going to get some next time I make my Penguin purchase.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Quote:
On May 6, 2016, On The Offbeat wrote:

Wow. The Robson sticks are great. Just bought one last week. Quick and neat. Work great for the poker test.
eboetcker
View Profile
Regular user
Jacksonville, FL
187 Posts

Profile of eboetcker
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Quote:

Wow. The Robson sticks are great. Just bought one last week. Quick and neat. Work great for the poker test.

Huh, I guess I should really look into that.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
It is wonderful to read such a positive thread. Much luck and best wishes to all.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On May 15, 2016, eboetcker wrote:
Quote:
On May 14, 2016, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
Quote:

Huh, I guess I should really look into that.

Erik, you should definitely look into it. Robson's stick is great for small packet tricks. No muss, no fuss, no drying time required, no ventilation needed, you can refresh it in literally 2 seconds. You only need to apply it to one card rather than pairs. There's enough in one stick to probably last a lifetime. If all that weren't enough, it even works better than anything else I've tried (including SF.)
You should try and work out a deal with Harry Robson. You two could cross promote these items. Maybe even include a small sample stick with Poker Test 3.0.
There is probably a lot of opportunity when it comes to marketing these together.
Plus, IMO it will make your trick even better and customers will be even happier.
So yeah, I think you'd be crazy not to look into it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Pretty much slated on the WPR.

https://youtu.be/ozzeakAC1rA
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
I kind of agree a little with that WPR . I used it in some bits in my promo videos and it's gotten very nice responses , it's well worth the money for what it is . But I've never tried it before in the real world surprisingly . Maybe I should when I've time .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I never had the first Poker Test, but I've had 2.0 for the past year or so. I can't address the WPR comments comparing the differences between the 2 versions, but I can say they're dead wrong that's it's not suitable for real world performances or is only good for video demos.

I've performed it for hundreds of people, always with terrific responses and reactions. It's easy to do, visual, resets in an instant, and seems totally impossible. Thickness of the cards has never once been an issue.

This, for me, is a worker in every sense of the term. Those who are avoiding it, or who own it but aren't performing it, are missing out.
Kevin Reylek
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Probably better suited to the DD decks from CS?
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Probably better suited to the DD decks from CS?

that would be overkill. this trick works great as it is, highly recommended.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I quite like WPR, and the current line-up of hosts .. but David and Sean seem to be overly obsessed with angles lately, and quick to blame "angles" for almost any of their own performance issues.
I think they missed the boat on this one completely, as Poker Test 2 plays far stronger, and far more angle-proof than they gave it credit for.

Maybe it was just my viewing, but they didn't seem to actually explore the opportunities possible with PT2.
They got busted by flashing in the bar, and subsequently gave PT2 a throw-away review.
Too, their presentation in the bar was somewhat antagonistic, and was too long. They choose not to play PT2 for its strengths.

I've used Poker Test 300-400 times ... and I've never been busted for "thickness" or anything else.

As noted throughout this thread, as a packet trick, as an opener, and played for its strengths ... Poker Test 2 is a 10/10.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Poker Test 2.0 by Erik Casey (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL