The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Feeling old (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16363 Posts

Profile of tommy
Roger Daltry does not seem old but some seem old before they reach 20: My grandson for example.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Circusman wrote:
Geez, I'm 64.

Does your wife/girlfriend still love you?

Of course - they both do !
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Cliffg37 wrote:
Today Roger Daltry turns 70 years old
Justin Bieber is 20

sigh

Roger Daltrey is a legend
Justin Bieber is a putz

Age doesn't matter, it's what you do. Smile McCartney is rocking at 71 years of age, Daltrey at 70, and if Bieber isn't careful, he'll be in a federal pen SERVING 70 years! (One can only hope Smile ).

And lastly to quote Indiana Jones: "It's not the years sweetheart, it's the mileage."

People sure seem to like to rag on Justin Bieber. I don't really care for the type of music he sings but the kid is very talented. Fact is he's done a lot of good. Among other things, he's granted over 200 wishes for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. And really, if you think about it, his antics over the last year or two pale in comparison to some of the things The Beatles and The Who were up to back in the day.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5154 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I am of the age where I want to reread Steppenwolf...I think I'd understand it now.

I just picked up 'The Prophet' to reread. I never knew it was about getting ready to croak. Age teaches you curious things.

And I see myself a hundred times a year in various young people, making the same mistakes, climbing the same rungs, chewing on the same regrets. I keep silent.

I can't wait for what's more to come. Very interesting so far, except I seem to have more age spots than Monte Burns.

Take a look at King Lear. I'm still probably 20 years too young to fully understand it, but I understand it a heck of a lot better than I did 20 years ago. How Shakespeare wrote this at 40 or so is extraordinary to me.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
On a similar note, Pearl Jam hasn't been musically relevant (IMO) since the 90s. Then out of nowhere, these 50-year-olds put out a song like Sirens. Holy cats, there's hope for us as we age!
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Dr. Van Van Mojo wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Cliffg37 wrote:
Today Roger Daltry turns 70 years old
Justin Bieber is 20

sigh

Roger Daltrey is a legend
Justin Bieber is a putz

Age doesn't matter, it's what you do. Smile McCartney is rocking at 71 years of age, Daltrey at 70, and if Bieber isn't careful, he'll be in a federal pen SERVING 70 years! (One can only hope Smile ).

And lastly to quote Indiana Jones: "It's not the years sweetheart, it's the mileage."

People sure seem to like to rag on Justin Bieber. I don't really care for the type of music he sings but the kid is very talented. Fact is he's done a lot of good. Among other things, he's granted over 200 wishes for the Make-a-Wish Foundation. And really, if you think about it, his antics over the last year or two pale in comparison to some of the things The Beatles and The Who were up to back in the day.

And yet visits the Anne Frank House and all the kid can up with is "I really think she would have been a "belieber." Unlike John Lennon's "Jesus comment,", Bieber's was so very inappropriate. But it really isn't just Bieber that is the problem. The music industry is fragmented - much more so than ever. The 1990s were the last decade that marked any innovation in rock and it was a hell of a decade.

Look at what we have now: Thicke, Gaga, Bieber, etc., etc. There is no innovation because innovation has given way to pre-packaged pap. And what sets The Beatles apart from every other rock band is the undeniable fact that they were simultaneously hugely popular and artistically influential; No band has ever successfully straddled both sides of the industry at the same time. Few individual artists have accomplished it. Michael Jackson, Elvis, and Sinatra are the three that immediately come to mind.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Also, many of the old groups could actually sing LIVE, and play real instruments.

Bobby.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Vlad_77 wrote:
The 1990s were the last decade that marked any innovation in rock and it was a hell of a decade.

That's what my generation says about the 1970s, my older cousins about the 1960s, and my uncles about the 1950s. Of course WE are right. Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5731 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I shall be 39 again this year.

Hah, I really am turning 39 this year! Smile

Yes, but I was 39 last year, too.

So it seems... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1299 Posts

Profile of GlenD
52 is kind of a magical age but 55 has more perks! Guess I have to wait a few years for those perks and be content with being a card for now.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
Age is about wisdom, so enjoy these 3 quotes:

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
Confucius

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates

I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
Lucille Ball
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I Love Lucy!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Happy Days!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Feeling old (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL