The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gamble by Andi Gladwin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
324 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
Hey folks, I'm card magic nuts so I picked this up about a week ago. I have to say I am SUPER IMPRESSED. it's great teaching and clever routining. You will need to work at it to get it looking as good as Andi but the reward is that you'll have a signature routine in your repertoire.

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-d....../gamble/

Any one else got it?
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of necro555
I got this few days ago. As a fan of gambling routines, this was very mediocre. Wasn't that impressed.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6924 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I don't know. I think a lay person would think these are pretty impressive demonstrations!
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of necro555
It would be hard to discuss this without giving away a hint of the method. But to give an example, let's have a look at the second effect where he is "memorizing the cards" and then says he's just memorizing where the aces are (this is mentioned in the presentation), Apart from the obvious method, it didn't make sense as a routine (ie memorizing but not really memorizing). For me it's along the lines of telling a spectator "okay let me teach you a trick" and then under the guise you proceed to not teach them anything. If you were doing this for real, you would have the spectator shuffle the cards and then you would spread the cards either on the table or in your hands, and remember the position of the aces. Then you would deal them out from the center. Of course this is easier said than done, so it needs to at least look like that's what you are doing. In Andi's routine I don't believe that's what it looks like. "Here remember some cards with me" but really "it does not matter I'm just stalling and trying to misdirect". Then "okay I cheat I didn't really memorize all the cards just where the aces were" in other words "I'm funny, I didn't do what I said but I hope you will still find this impressive".

I could say more but I think I will stop as it is not my intention to bash anyone. I just wanted to say that as a fan of gambling demos and gambling themed routines in general, this download didn't quite do it for me. At least it was only $10.
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
Hi necro555,

Perhaps my presentation didn't come across clearly in the video. The presentation for that particular effect (one of three on the download) is that I memorise the important cards so that I know I can centre deal them to my hand. And if you were to do that for real; you probably would be looking at the entire deck to find out the best/more convenient hand to deal out. That's exactly what I'm pretending to do. I tried to keep the presentation very succinct in the demo so apologies if that wasn't clear.

With regards to your other comment, it is hard to say whether a method is "obvious" when you're the creator, but I don't feel that this is at all. I have performed this routine to a lot of lay people and magicians and have never felt that it was obvious. In fact, a number of gambling magic experts that I deeply respect said that they were fooled by it, which is always a fun thing to hear.

Nonetheless, thank you for purchasing this and I hope you enjoyed the other routines on the project. If you didn't, let me know and I would be very happy to arrange for a refund. We have a satisfaction guarantee at Vanishing Inc. and we would be very happy to honour it.

--Andi
necro555
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of necro555
Hi Andi,

Thanks for offering a refund. I have replied to your PM. Happy to know that Vanishing Inc cares about customer satisfaction.

As for the rest of your post, I can see where you are coming from. I could respond, but I would rather not start what others might perceive as an argument and let this carry on for 20 pages with unnecessary name calling and irrelevant posts. And as you have offered me a refund, I no longer have anything to complain about.

For those who are genuinely interested in my thoughts are free to PM me. Otherwise I think I am done here.

Cheers Andi
AndiGladwin
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
587 Posts

Profile of AndiGladwin
No worries. Even though I disagree with your analysis of that routine (and have received a number of emails from people saying that it was actually their favourite routine of the three), I do understand that not every release resonates with every performer.

--Andi
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
475 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2014, AndiGladwin wrote:

Nonetheless, thank you for purchasing this and I hope you enjoyed the other routines on the project. If you didn't, let me know and I would be very happy to arrange for a refund. We have a satisfaction guarantee at Vanishing Inc. and we would be very happy to honour it.

--Andi

Andi and Josh have more class in their pinky's than a lot of people have in their whole bodies.

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6924 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I have to say, the second routine in the demo is my fave. I didn't really catch the presentational problem with it when I watched the demo.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
168 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
If that's not class what is ! I will continue to order from Vanishing Inc
DR
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
I have been playing around with this for a couple days now, I have to say I like it. I like it a lot. It's a terrific gambling demo for layman that is not boring and easy to follow along. It's a great routine to practice a certain move and for 10 bucks. You can't beat. The value in this. You will look like a memory expert and a card shark in one routine

Good job Vanishing Inc. keep them coming

Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gamble by Andi Gladwin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL