The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Should knives be banned???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dea......e-n41966

If people want to harm people they will find a way. Laws banning knives or firearms does not solve the issue of man's inhumanity to man. It is the person who is responsible, not the weapon.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Should kitchens be banned?

They all have knives.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
In this case it looks like Xinhua News is reporting it as a Muslim terrorist attack. Ban knives? Nope. Ban guns? Nope. Ban terrorists? Yup. With extreme prejudice.

Let's see how China reacts to this particular terror organization. Do ya think the perps will get Mirandized? Hah!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2014, acesover wrote:
...It is the person who is responsible, not the weapon.

Correct. So don't regulate the weapons. Regulate the people who have them.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
As long as those regulations don't pose the slightest financial burden on the exercise of a constitutional right, of course.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
...It is the person who is responsible, not the weapon.

Correct. So don't regulate the weapons. Regulate the people who have them.

And would use them to commit crimes.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I can live with that.

Would you agree that photo ID should also be free if it is required to exercise a constitutional right?
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Sorry, Bob.

I didn't mean to interfere with the flow.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, S2000magician wrote:
Sorry, Bob.

I didn't mean to interfere with the flow.

Not to worry, my prostate already does that.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
You should get that checked. Seriously.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

It was just a joke, Bob. But, yes, everyone our age should get it checked.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
Http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/33-dea......e-n41966

If people want to harm people they will find a way. Laws banning knives or firearms does not solve the issue of man's inhumanity to man. It is the person who is responsible, not the weapon.

Restricting access to certain weapons doesn't solve the problem, but it certainly helps mitigate the damage caused by it. Apparently there were over 10 assailants involved in that attack in China. I'd hate to think what they would have been able to accomplish had they been better armed.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
It was just a joke, Bob. But, yes, everyone our age should get it checked.

I know. I was joking too. You're too smart not to have it checked periodically. Smile

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Naa -- there are plenty of effective controls in place already. Last week my fingernail clippers were confiscated at the Court House where I was getting a new car license tag. Now I am inspired to write a book on 50 ways to kill someone with fingernail clippers and how to terrorize a crowd with a threat of dirty fingernails.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Ok . So who carries fingernail clippers around with them? Just in case you get bored in court you gonna whip them out and start clipping? Maybe they were just trying to protect you from your own menatl illness, or the story isn't true?
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, balducci wrote:
I'd hate to think what they would have been able to accomplish had they been better armed.

My thoughts exactly.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
555 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Chinky copy of an AK47 ?
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
I can live with that.

Would you agree that photo ID should also be free if it is required to exercise a constitutional right?

This, from Jeff Foxworthy: If you Must show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Pecan_Creek wrote:
Ok . So who carries fingernail clippers around with them? Just in case you get bored in court you gonna whip them out and start clipping? Maybe they were just trying to protect you from your own menatl illness, or the story isn't true?

It could be true. You must look at who is doing the scanning and checking. My hand cramps up when I write so I have a mechanical pencil that is about 5/8" diameter and has a thick rubber cushion where the fingers grip it. It was confiscated at my courthouse even after I completely disassembled it and showed them exactly what it was. I was also wearing boots that had metal eyelets that set off the metal detector and the wand scanner. They allowed that without even looking to see if I had anything down the inside of the boots. I could have had a knife of even small gun there but they never asked me to raise my pants legs or look in the top of my socks - nothing like that. But that pencil, oh that could have been a dangerous weapon.

Come to think about it. Pencils and pens can be dangerous weapons, can't they? Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, NicholasD wrote:
Quote:
I can live with that.

This, from Jeff Foxworthy: If you Must show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government - you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

You misunderstand my point. I agree with Lobo that there should be no financial cost to exercising a constitutional right. If a special form of identification is required to vote (and if other costs must be incurred to get that ID- i.e. getting a certified copy of a birth certificated, etc.) those should be provided free of charge as well.

Why is it that some want to make it easier to obtain guns than to vote? Voter fraud is virtually non-existent, yet forty percent of gun sales are made without any background checks whatsoever?

Do you think that it is wrong to require people to register their firearms? If so, do you think it is wrong to require them to register to vote?

Do you think it's wrong to keep permanent records of gun sales? If so, do you think it's wrong for the government to maintain registered vo
Would you agree with laws that make it harder for certain minorities to purchase firearms? If not, do you agree with laws that make it harder for minorities to vote?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Should knives be banned???? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL