We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Part of Operation Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1225 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Hey guys,

I guess this is the wrong place to post this because it is actually about magic....lol. I have received a number of PM's as well as interest in posts regarding my show. I am hesitant to post this mainly because of my choppy editing job. I am not an editor, and the video I got from the Magic Castle is not compatible with any of the software on my computer. I also had to mix in different performances of the same routine because of sound issues. There is also a water mark on the video from the converter. My excuses could go on and on and on so I will stop.

I also rarely post full video's due to all the rip off hacks out there. This storyline has already been stolen by a guy in Asia and then stolen from him by a guy here in the states....lol.....they have demilitarized it but the plot is pretty much the same.

I am also posting this for my fellow Vets here in the forum, and as a continuation of the thread that was just deleted. Everybody who comes home from bad places has to deal with it in their own way. Some self medicate, some get professional help, some aren't affected at all, and some will never function in a normal society again. Operation Magic was how I dealt with it. I rarely share my experiences with non vets, but Operation Magic allows me to unload on hundreds of people at a time. I don't know why, but I find it quite therapeutic. You see, all of the storylines in my show are based on real life events. I have taken experiences from Boot Camp, Flight school, Korea, Iraq, Afghanistan, ECT. and worked them around classic and original effects. My favorite effect is a prediction using Don Wayne's dream vision, only half of the prediction is missing from the chalk board. It is then revealed stamped in a steel dog tag that was hanging around my neck! We talk about performing in bunkers during mortar attacks, jumping out of a helicopter into a mine field, being a smart azz to drill sergeants, all sorts of fun stuff. Most of the routines are comical and show that anyone can make good times out of bad situations. This is the closing routine for my show. It really sums up why my show exists. I just hate that it's a snowstorm, because everyone does one it seems.....though, thanks to a letter from a 12 year old, I was able to make this one just a bit different.

Please excuse the poor editing, the poor audio, and the poor quality. Other than that, here is a little piece of "Scott Anderson's Operation: Magic!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXFtavDo794
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1225 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
At the end of the snow storm the video picks back up and shows pictures of me in Iraq surrounded by kids making it show out in the desert.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11175 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Good on you, Scott. In spite of the video/audio issues, your message came through loud and clear.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
slowkneenuh
View Profile
Regular user
After 5,278+ posts, only credited with
133 Posts

Profile of slowkneenuh
Scott, you're a class act and it's good to hear from you again. I enjoyed our sporadic chats over the last few years and your poetry was improving the last time I read it. Smile

Best wishes for a long and successful career! You've done amazing humanitarian and magical things that have entertained us all. A trip to the northwest is on my bucket list to see you perform someday.

Best regards,
John
John

"A poor workman always blames his tools"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Good job Scott, the world needs more folks of your character.

Just curious though, I think I read in that other thread that you left after eighteen years. Why didn't you wait till twenty for a pension? Or have the rules changed since my service 40+ years ago?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1225 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
Thanks guys.......I'm still in Bob. I fly for the Oregon National Guard now. I have 2 years left for retirement eligibility.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
God bless ya brother!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Part of Operation Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL