The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (230 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
Bartelli
View Profile
Veteran user
Belgium
325 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Who also ordered (and paid for) this almost two years ago? I contacted Mark Elsdon several times and he keeps promising that the book will be ready soon...
I thought waiting for Bulletproof to arrive was long, but this really is ridiculous. I likes MR1 and MR2 a lot so I didn't wait when this book was announced. Maybe a partial refund for the two year wait would be a nice gesture?

Any news well informed news, anyone?
http://elsdon.blogspot.be/2012/10/mental......l-0.html
Kroots
View Profile
New user
Wernham Hogg
56 Posts

Profile of Kroots
That link appears to have been updated to say it will be released in March 2014
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
Thanks for the link. Hope you get some rewards for the wait, Bartelli!
I would be interested if this can be bought when published. I did'nt find any way to obtain it. Any info is welcome!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I think with pre orders it is essentially to know the reputation of the creator. I will not pre order if I don't know the creator or he has any history of missing deadlines, etc. On the other hand, there are many creators who always stand by their word or deadline.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Mark will come through as he did for volumes 1 and 2. I'm waiting until volume 3 is ready before paying.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
shakuni
View Profile
Special user
946 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Is it released yet?
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, brehaut wrote:
I think with pre orders it is essentially to know the reputation of the creator. I will not pre order if I don't know the creator or he has any history of missing deadlines, etc. On the other hand, there are many creators who always stand by their word or deadline.

Whilst what you say is true, Mark Elsdon is a very well known (and generally respected) writer...
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, C.J. wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, brehaut wrote:

Whilst what you say is true, Mark Elsdon is a very well known (and generally respected) writer...

Agreed---I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one of his effects or books but I wouldn't preorder it.
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, C.J. wrote:
...Mark Elsdon is a very well known (and generally respected) writer...

I watched Elsdon's Penguin lecture, and it's fantastic. My impression is that his well of creativity is overflowing to such an extent that the amount of time he can devote to writing will never balance out the amount of information he'd like to publish. I'm looking forward to his book on equivoque, which he described as "massive" and "encyclopedic."
teratoma
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of teratoma
I generally agree with several of the above-mentioned comments and suggestions: 1. Mark Elsdon is well-respected and an excellent creator. I have a LOT of his material and lectures. 2. DO NOT pre-order anything from him though; just wait until it's actually out. I have made that mistake and am regretting it. Been waiting over TWO YEARS for MR3. He continues to put out newsletters several times each year announcing that MR3 will be complete and sent in the "next two weeks"... and, nothing. 110 weeks later, still NOTHING. What a bummer; it's a reminder of that old saying, "don't make promises you can't keep". Don't take the mental bait that there will be only some small amount released etc., and get sucked in.
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Robb
This is completely WRONG. Unless your release is 99% done, it's simply wrong to take pre-orders and then not fulfill them for YEARS. It's unprofessional and unethical. Mark is better than this.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I am at the point I will no longer preorder. Plus , even on a limited edition I can always find a second hand copy if it sells out.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Unless that persons name is Richard Osterlind, I pre order from no one
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1540 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Regardless of who the creator is I have stopped pre-ordering. Just too much aggravation.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1240 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
I think MR 1 and 2 were really nice, but I will wait with a purchase until it is ready. My last preorder mistake was Sacred Tricks and I do not want to make this mistake again!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
A year since the last post in this thread: This year it will be five.
Yes, FIVE years since this book was announced and a few paid for it.

Hopefully it will show in the refined quality of the books content.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11628 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2016, brehaut wrote:
I am at the point I will no longer preorder. Plus , even on a limited edition I can always find a second hand copy if it sells out.

I was at that point ohhhh, forever. from anyone.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
A well known funeral palour
610 Posts

Profile of Energizer
What frustrates me is his release of a huge number of products that have been prioritised over his releasing MR3.

Great that Elsdon is so creative, and great he is grabbing opportunities, but it feels llke shoddy customer service to be ignored or side lined this way.

His website says it will be released in April, but I suspect the Equivoque book will be prioritised
"We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines" - W. Axl Rose, circa 1992.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17484 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Gives a bad name to those who like to pre-sell to their friends without kickstarter type programs ..
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1465 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Yet another NEW Elsdon release - POCKETSES.

http://elsdon.blogspot.ca/2017/02/pocketses.html
I'm frequently hit with enlightening in the middle of a brain storm.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (230 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL