The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..15~16~17 [Next]
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
On February 4th Michael Murray posted the wait will be over soon for MR3. A couple of days later, he posted it may be only a week away. Now its been three weeks, any news Mr. Murray? We all know you're doing your best, can you get a firm answer for us?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Six years past payment, the only real answer is the book itself.

Anything else is yet more empty words, words, words.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I agree, I am surprised that he drag Murray’s good name and repurtation down the dirt. It is not good to be associated with a criminal and giving false promisses to people who have been waiting six years for a paid book.
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1965 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Voh002 - Just to clarify, the only promises offered on here are those offered by Mark himself. I had read the posts on here and understood the frustration so asked Mark at Blackpool what the present situation was with the book (as I like to help where possible).

I was never aware there was a preorder on this until I read this thread and I most certainly don’t condone opening a preorder option until a book is complete. Non the less, I found myself in a position where I could speak with him in person about it and post HIS replies on here since he has sadly not done this himself. I thought that being a messenger of this information may be helpful to some, so please don’t shoot the messenger here Smile

As Tim quite rightly suggests, the only real proof will be in the pudding!

Best Wishes to All!
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2018, voh002 wrote:
I agree, I am surprised that he drag Murray’s good name and repurtation down the dirt. It is not good to be associated with a criminal and giving false promisses to people who have been waiting six years for a paid book.

As I read the thread, I didn't get that at all

Even if the book never comes out

To me, Mr Murray still comes off as having tried to help and as a positive

I didn't order this book, so maybe my emotions are not as high as others - on this matter

But the very fact MM has pushed and tried to get information for everyone (who has ordered) - must surely put him in a good light

Whether he is being lied to or not

I would guess that the author isn't lying, he has always intended it to come out (when he has said) but he has struggled with a block or has been depressed about it and can't actual sit down to work on it

I'm not sure if over the years he's given you guys loads of free stuff, or just ignored you

But chances are after this struggle - it's not going to be a great book

Maybe he should just refund everyone

Or some grand gesture and massive explaination and apology to try and win back some of his reputation (big PR move)

I would give you guys the book, and a choice of £100 worth of my other ebooks and a very detailed list of what went wrong and apologies - with a caveat that I was never going to take pre orders again - and how amazing you guys have been to stick with him through his difficult times

Anyway MM from this thread is a hero and to say otherwise would only serve to show the poster has a lack of reading comprehension
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I see the wording was wrong. I really appriciate you trying to help us out here Michael Murray. I`m just tired of having a thief in our community, and that people still do business with him. It is direspectful to all the people he has stolen money from.
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
The responsibility of delivery is on Mark Elsdon only. It is quite clear that Michael Murray is only trying to help our cause and help a friend as well. Kudos to Michael for trying, let's just hope that Mark Elsdon can see his way through this mess and come out looking halfway decent. It's unfortunate that these things occur and it's not the first time I've been duped by a "proffessional". If we don't hear from Mark soon maybe a concerted campaign to let the magic community know what kind of individual Mark ultimately proved to be.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
If I have to wish for anything -- I would wish that Mark scrapped the MR3 book altogether and
either

1. Offered all preorder customers their money back.

or

2. Suprised us with a finished, printed Equivoque Book as an alternative.

What I really, really hope is that he does not release anything else until one printed book (be it MR3 or The Equivoque Book) is delivered and ready physical.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, lands10 wrote:
The responsibility of delivery is on Mark Elsdon only. It is quite clear that Michael Murray is only trying to help our cause and help a friend as well. Kudos to Michael for trying, let's just hope that Mark Elsdon can see his way through this mess and come out looking halfway decent. It's unfortunate that these things occur and it's not the first time I've been duped by a "proffessional". If we don't hear from Mark soon maybe a concerted campaign to let the magic community know what kind of individual Mark ultimately proved to be.

Yes! Six years is not long enough. We shall keep waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
It's amazing that this thread complaining about the time taken is itself four(!) years old.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
17th November 2017, For real.

Sometime last week, 100% certain.

Never, it's been 6 years ffs.

Hover your hand over these three release dates, wait until you get a feeling and push any two towards Mark Elsdon...........

Maybe he will put this in the equivoque book?
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
I checked if Elsdon could have done something similar before and came over this article. It is publicly availeble so I guess it is OK to post. It might give an explenation. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7343307.stm
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Mark's got a new book coming - "My Imaginary Book - Vol. 1". Look for it soon.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
This is actually funny reading:

Elsdon newsletter #26 February 2012:
Finally, Mentalism Reveals 3 will be available before the end of the year. To avoid the madness that surrounded the release of Volume 2, I am not promising any specific date, or promoting its forthcoming release on the Magic Café or anywhere else, other than mentioning it in this Newsletter. I will not be hyping the contents, commenting on how many copies are left or any of the other usual marketing strategies.

Elsdon newsletter #27 May 2013:
Mentalism Reveals 3 will finally see the light of day this month.

Elsdon newsletter #32 February 2015:
Great news! Mentalism Reveals 3 is finally, actually finished and goes to the printers in just over a week’s time. I’m using the same printer as the recent Mike Murray, Atlas Brookings and Kennedy books, so I know that the quality will be great and the turn-around fast! All pre-orders will receive their pdf copy of MR3 the same day it goes to the printer. Once again, genuine apologies for the length of time it has taken to write, edit, re-write, re-edit (seemingly ad infinitum) this book. Of the limited edition of 100 copies, 93 are already spoken for, so if you’ve been waiting, now would be a good time to bag one of the remaining 7.

Elsdon newsletter #37 February 2016:
The long(long-long-long)-awaited Mentalism Reveals 3 is finally finished and will be in the hands of all purchasers within the next couple of days. This latest volume contains a number of guest contributions from the likes of Weber, McBride, Brookings and others, and I’m particularly pleased to be able to feature an essay and effect by my good friend Stuart Nolan. His work on the ideomotor principle is truly astounding and I think in the long term will shape the future of mentalism. I’m honoured that you’ll read his introductory work on the subject in MR3.
If you’d like to grab one of the handful of copies that aren’t yet spoken for, you can do so here.

And here is an email from Elsdon when I complained of no delivery of the MR3 November 2016:
Elsdon: I have several customers who feel the same way and who have been getting me to stockpile some purchases for them to buy once they have MR3. I also have quite a few others who have been continuing to purchase my material irrespective of their wait for MR3.
Either way, the great news is that the wait is almost over! MR3 is completed at last and the pdf will be with all purchasers this weekend, with the printed hard copy to follow soon after.
I hope this is the news you were looking for 😀
Many thanks for your incredible patience.

Michael Murray February 2018:
Mark tells me that pdfs are almost ready to send out to those that have invested already and the physical book will be following as sion as printed. The material he shared with me showed genuine promise and so whilst I can’t excuse the delay I can indicate that the end of the wait is VERY near!

Michael Murray 9 of mars 2018:
Elsdon: Off over the weekend then back writing on Monday. I am 100% certain that it will be finished next week.

Nothing against Michael here, but it shows that Mark also lies to his close friends.

And if it is true that he has sold 93 copies back in 2015, it is at least 9300 pound he has stolen. Maybe it is time to conatct the police?
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Maybe an idea to contact some of the names mentioned in the 2016 post to see if they have contributed anything.
If not then legal action maybe the only recourse.
Anyone else thinking that a man this dodgy may very well have sold more than the 100 limited copies?
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Anyone know which city or area he lives in? I want to make a phonecall to the local police and hear our options, and what we can do. I have enough documention that he is clearly lying and also made a lot of money on this scam.

And yes, I hate being lied to and deliberately deceived.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I doubt you'd be able do do anything now, that's why I'm surprised people have left it 6 years to start thinking about going down that route. That's far too long no matter who it is. It's not like he's done a runner either, he has released so many products since taking money for this and a thread in latest even mentioned him hawking his wares around the recent Blackpool convention. Talk about audacity.

I also agree Michael was the good guy here just trying to help people out, but I notice he still sells Mark Elsdon's products on his mind fx site. I wonder how he feels about that now, after being vocal in this thread and knowing first hand how Mark Elsdon has shafted people and stolen their money? Maybe if dealers were made aware of what he has done and stopped supporting him by continuing to sell his products it would send a message but I very much doubt it to be honest.

I know someone who ordered this and I can't believe they have just left it this long and believed all the BS. I think everyone who sent him money should push as hard as they can for a refund, but even that is a stretch at this point. Apparently he was still writing this last week, does anyone really think if it does surface it would be worth the 6 year wait??

The whole situation is madness.
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, voh002 wrote:
I checked if Elsdon could have done something similar before and came over this article. It is publicly availeble so I guess it is OK to post. It might give an explenation. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7343307.stm

Given that Elsdon was himself convicted in court for selling pirate satellite TV decoder cards, maybe it would be fitting for all buyers to demand their refund and then pirate his book later. Surely he would understand.
lands10
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lands10
At this point I've become philosophical about this. There are expressions like "You reap what you sow", "What goes around comes around", "Men are not punished for their sins but by them" and "Karma is a B---H". Eventually he'll get what's due him. He obviously doesn't truly believe in a higher power. When something tragic happens to him or one of his family members he'll ask why, and maybe he'll realize then why one's deeds to others determines your own fate. Take a look at the world around us, with such tragedy and despair happening daily. As aggravating as it is, if not getting a book I paid for is the worst thing that happens to me in my life I'm ahead of the game.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2018, lands10 wrote:

When something tragic happens to him or one of his family members he'll ask why, and maybe he'll realize then why one's deeds to others determines your own fate....

if not getting a book I paid for is the worst thing that happens to me in my life I'm ahead of the game.

This is the worst post in the history of the internet
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL