The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
That was obviously a tongue-in-cheek joke as it would be an infinite mystery if it was going to be delayed forever by new reasons.

The story of the book would become greater than the book, and the greedy, longing consumers would finally learn a lesson and write their own stories. I don't know. I just find the whole situation bizarre and intriguing. Don't you?

I agree completely, and sorry I didn`t understand the joke Smile

I find this totally bizarre and a lesson learned. This is also a great example of awful customer service. I wonder if there is some legal action we can do? In my eyes this is stealing. I paid 100 pound, and it seams like he has no intention writing this book.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I personally think there is a book. It has been written. Rewritten. Then after a while it became a dormant project with no real incentive for finishing it. Then it got renewed focus, more rewriting and then it fell a sleep again.

Now it has reached a critical point where I think he wants to start to focus on the next real book (the one on Equivoque, which probably will be great). So now we are hopefully on the finishing lap, or at least the finishing heat. I am not that good with motor sport analogies.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
I personally think there is a book. It has been written. Rewritten. Then after a while it became a dormant project with no real incentive for finishing it. Then it got renewed focus, more rewriting and then it fell a sleep again.

Now it has reached a critical point where I think he wants to start to focus on the next real book (the one on Equivoque, which probably will be great). So now we are hopefully on the finishing lap, or at least the finishing heat. I am not that good with motor sport analogies.

I hope you are right Smile
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Anyone received anything yet? Because I haven't.

Not sure whether to be disappointed or not as I was expecting to be let down again. I've lost count of how many times he's reassured me that the thing will be sent and then not sent it.
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I haven't. I was promised the ebook version on the first of October. No ebook, no physical copy.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Well, it looks like we're going to have to keep on waiting because the last message I got from him said that he had zero committments till the 30th and so he'd get the book out early last week. And it's now the 30th.

Wish he'd stop making these false promises.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I keep my fingers crossed. This must be the home stretch.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
At least we get mails from Mark!
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Will it arrive in 2017?
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I'm tempted to wager that it will not. I am tempted to offer Mark a bet just so he will pull his finger out and deliver the thing, but then I don't want to pay him to deliver something that he said he would deliver years ago.

Will it be worth the five year wait? Is any book worth such a long wait? Probably not ...
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
I've just looked at his blog. He released another product on the 5th of November while promising to deliver on the 15th of October and then, when letting everyone down again, later in the month. MR3 customers are clearly low on his priority list.

Never pre-order from this person.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
A friend of mine claims that he has got a mail where Mark claims that the final version of the manuscript was sent to the printer like in mid October.
For the printed copy to be delivered in early November. That should be kind of exciting, shouldn't it?
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
He said a while ago that the pdf's were ready to be sent. He had to manually code them to prevent piracy. How long does it take to add an space on on page per customer? Even if it takes 5 whole minutes for one, the whole process would take less than 9hrs.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2017, GusVanNostrum wrote:
A friend of mine claims that he has got a mail where Mark claims that the final version of the manuscript was sent to the printer like in mid October.
For the printed copy to be delivered in early November. That should be kind of exciting, shouldn't it?

Mark Elsdon says a lot of things. I have lost confidence in him.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
I am not getting any mails anymore, can anyone confirm the rumours?
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Still nothing ... The deadline has been pushed back yet again, as predicted.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
So what is the current prognosis, anyone? I live in China right now, so maybe that is why I don't get any emails.
Energizer
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of Energizer
Well, based on his form over the last five years, we will not be receiving it by x-mas as he has stated, and he will of course prioritise the release of multiple further products on his blog. In fact, it looks like he has got something lined up to release on his blog tomorrow.

I would be delighted for Mark to prove me wrong, but ... plus ca change.
Raum
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of Raum
This thread is funny.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
733 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
So people paid for this FIVE years ago and still hold out hope of getting it? Laughable. I think preorder is the wrong word, I think in this case we can safely change it to theft. I would be fuming. What a disgrace. Why do people still buy anything from him?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mentalism Reveals 3 (232 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL