The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do you want to set up a professional looking website quickly and easily? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
If you’re not a tech savvy person, but you’ve always wanted to put up a website without hiring someone to do it for you, I may have the perfect solution for you.

I put up my very first website in 1997, and since then I’ve had about a dozen different sites for different products and services. The thing is I’ve never been able to build my own site, so I’ve always had to hire other people to design and then get the site up on the internet.

I’ve always believed in doing what I do best, and hiring other people to do the things that I either wasn’t good at or had no desire to become good at. Although I know exactly what content to include to create the most effective site, the technical aspects of doing so have always eluded me.

Recently I wanted to put up another website for a niche market, but I wanted to do it myself. I researched the different options including WordPress, Weebly, and Wix. WordPress always seemed so daunting to me. Weebly and Wix seemed very restrictive. What to do? I asked a friend for a recommendation, and he suggested Squarespace.

Squarespace is a drag and drop website builder that presently offers 28 beautifully designed templates. Although this may seem like a small number, Squarespace definitely focuses on quality over quantity. You’ll be hard pressed to find more beautifully designed templates in a drag and drop website builder. You can find a template that will work for almost any business.

Within a few hours I had a professional looking website up and running, and is already producing leads in my niche market.

If you'd like to read my full review, please check out the following link: Easily and quickly launch a website with Squarespace

To your success!

Lou Serrano
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Lou: Can you please post a link to your Squarespace site so we can see what it looks like?

Ed
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Hi Ed,

As much as I'd like to accommodate your request, I'd prefer not to share the site. It's a niche market, and the only people I want seeing that site is the market that it targets. I hope you understand.

Wishing you the best!

Lou
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Completely
sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
For examples, just google squarespace samples. From all the sites I looked at, it seems like a pretty decent way to build a site.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Is there any tricks with using Squarespace?
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Dynamike,

What do you mean by tricks?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Is there any cost?
Are there any cost?
Will advertisements be on your website page?
etc.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
Is there any tricks with using Squarespace?

Oh, I see there is a monthly charge at the bottom of your blog.
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Thanks for the recommendation, Lou!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
My new FREE ebook on the classic Mismade Bill trick is ready for you:
https://funnybirthdayshow.com/mismadebill/
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Having a monthly cost is not really a trick, it's part of using their service.

In fact their pricing is very affordable considering the value of what you are getting. I put a lot of money into my wordpress site, and countless hours learning html. I WANTED to learn html, and I feel better equipped because of it. But for a drag and drop website builder, eCommerce support, and domain and hosting, that's a great deal.
thekidsmagician
View Profile
Regular user
Bristol
118 Posts

Profile of thekidsmagician
I've been using Squarespace for my websites for the last 6 years and cannot say enough good things about it. I agree with everything Lou says in his post about it.

They also have Stripe payment processing (https://stripe.com) integrated in to the system, which makes selling products etc. very easy.

- Mike
Children's entertainer in Bristol - making children look AMAZING! - www.thekidsmagician.com
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
671 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Here's an update on my experience with Squarespace. As soon as my site went live, I started a Google Adwords campaign connected to the site. Within 24 hrs. I made my first sale. Within 48 hrs. I received three more leads from people who filled out the booking request form (The booking request form was as simple as dragging and dropping the fields I wanted to include).

So far I've spent less than $10 on my Google ads. Add that to the $8 I spent for the website for the month, and that equals $18. The one sale has already paid for the month of Squarespace service, and it also paid for ALL of my Google ad campaigns in my other markets for the entire month.

I didn't have to pay or wait for someone to design the site. It took about two hours to learn the Squarespace system, and I put in a total of 8 hours designing the site.

My whole purpose for making this post is to alert anyone who has been held back from putting up a professional looking website because of technology or lack of funds, that there is a simple and cost effective solution. They offer a 14 day free trial, so there really isn't anything to lose.

I'm already working on another site for another niche market.

All the best!

Lou Serrano
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Lou this is great information. Thanks for sharing. I love the idea of quick easy websites for niche markets.
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
I understand completely, Lou. I'll have to check it out. I know my current site needs lotsof help and is not mobile-friendly. And I have no clue about SEO. Sounds like a good deal. And cheaper than what I'm paying now.

Ed
augiemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Overland Park, KS
162 Posts

Profile of augiemagic
Wow, this is awesome! I no longer have an excuse for a poor website. Thanks for the heads up, Lou!
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I'll throw my support in, too. I've even written "to the metal" as some say, doing raw SQL table inserts and crazy stuff like that, and I think Lou is spot on.

Squarespace is a dream to use and gives those with the creative vision the tools to easily build that vision into a real site.

Thanks for sharing, Lou!!!

Best regards,
Scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Do you want to set up a professional looking website quickly and easily? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL