The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » OMG I just had a 2 Hour Intense Panic Attack While Reading About A Shamanic Vision Quest, Ed. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, lunatik wrote:
But if he wasn't right and didn't read and comprehend what the Scriptures state, problem not solved.

and of course he's chosen the correct belief system Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
What if the scriptures aren't true? What then? Does nobody get out of here alive?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2785 Posts

Profile of lunatik
We're all in trouble!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, Dr Spektor wrote:

Hey Payne - read this book...

“I yearn for the darkness. I pray for death. Real death. If I thought that in death I would meet the people I've known in life I don't know what I'd do. That would be the ultimate horror. The ultimate despair. If I had to meet my mother again and start all of that all over, only this time without the prospect of death to look forward to? Well. That would be the final nightmare. Kafka on wheels.”
¯ Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited: A Novel in Dramatic Form

Don't have to as I saw the movie, which was excellent by the way Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
My friend I've told you about my Confidant Paul (R.I.P. Paul McDonough 11/11/45 - 10/17/13) who I knew for 17 years he knew me MORE than anyone and he was Smart, Well Read ... etc. While I converted to Catholicism, Being 90% Irish (1st and 2nd Generation, could speak Gaelic as well as French, Spanish, Italian as when he was younger he was a Tour Guide in Europe and knew just a LITTLE German & Russian too. He did accents well. Like not only could he Speak with a British Aspect, he could do the Cockney Dialect I think, the London or Posh ... etc) 10% Scottish he was a "Cradle Catholic". Like me he didn't believe in 100% of what ALL the Church Taught he was a VERY GOOD Catholic. He said that while he believed in Heaven (he has 2 near death experiences too), he DIDN'T believe in Hell. He said he thought we worshiped 2 separate Gods half joking. He said he believed in a all loving, all merciful God. I told him the Verses in the Bible (He was a Great Debater) and he said while he believed in the Bible he did not think it was the "Word of God". He asked me if I read Hebrew or Greek as that was what the Originals were written in and of course he knew I didn't. He said out of the Bibles the Jerusalem Bible was the most accurate. I told him as I'd heard this, is that we are the ones that SEND OURSELVES TO HELL by rejecting God. He then asked me what kind of person would do that. I said a very sick and disturbed person. He then like would this all loving merciful God we have REALLY let us to that to ourselves. I'll admit there was a time in my very early 20's that he had me sold that there is ONLY a Heaven, and a Purgatory. Yes he believed in Purgatory but never Hell. I've read lots of T.V. Specials on "Supposed" missing books of the New Testament. There was Supposedly a Book of Mary (Magdeline), of Judas and so on that talked about Jesus's gap between ages 12-30 when he started his Minitry. Also "Supposedly" in one of those book Jesus told whoever in a Vision that Hell wasn't real but was in the Bible to make sure people did the right thing or something.

Thanks, God Bless, Ed (EDDINI) C.H. (Certified Hypnotist) Smile
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » OMG I just had a 2 Hour Intense Panic Attack While Reading About A Shamanic Vision Quest, Ed. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL