The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Theater tomorrow night (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Good question Charlie, Yes I would, and probably will. It is a departure from my more comfortable arena of doing school shows, but the rewards could be well worth it. In each case I would have to do my Homework, and find out all I can about the theater first. The one I approached is right down the street from both a middle school and a high school, which should make publicity easier. Many other theaters won't have that and will be more reliant on standard forms of publicity. What I did learn (But should have already known) was something Mindpro said, which was my job here is to show them how they will make money from me, that or other things like good will and prestige, but money first and foremost.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glad to hear you are happy with the results!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
This is why I am glad I went to the corporate side of business. Trying to always sell seats --- seems like a lot of work. I know many do this very well, but again lots of work and stress.
Whats nice about corporate- you perform and you get a check! All you have to do is sell yourself! Smile

Cliff,
I recall seeing one of your four wall shows a few years back, I believe it was full of people, so whatever you did, do it again!
No worries.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
OK, so I sent a follow up e-mail to the chairman of the theater board. Here is the response I got...

"Cliff,
Excellent presentation! The feedback was very positive and we will place the idea on the agenda on our next meeting on April 2,2014. I will let you know what happens but from the conversation it should be no problem."

I can live with that response.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Congratulations, very encouraging! At least it's not on April Fool's day.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Encouraged? I would be cautiously optimistic! Nice response if you ask me. I would be quite happy sir. Congratulations.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Awesome Cliff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Theater tomorrow night (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL