We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Putin: the scourge of anti-semitism in Ukraine! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
This.

Hahahahahahahaha.

Aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha.

Haha.

Hahaha.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
???
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
I know the story, I just don't see any humor in this. What am I missing?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5135 Posts

Profile of landmark
From Ha-aretz (Israeli newspaper): "Even harsh critics of Putin's democratic record admit it's hard to fault his attitude toward the Jewish community... there is a near consensus that Putin, whose successor was elected this week and will step down in two months, has been pro-Jewish throughout the eight years of his presidency. Even severe critics of his democratic record, such as former minister Natan Sharansky, admit that it's hard to fault Putin's record when it comes to his attitude towards the Jewish community. "

http://www.haaretz.com/news/putin-not-so......1.240896
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
Putin seems to have a habit of trying to abdicate responsibility by claiming that every group acting on his behalf is "unofficial."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4166 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Stumbled onto this today. Interesting. Claims that Putin has lost his mind (like most news, take it with a grain of salt until confirmed by many sources):

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/11685......nference
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I have to say that the irony of such an extreme homophobe claiming to be standing up against any form of bigotry is pretty interesting.
~Will Rogers
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4166 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, critter wrote:
I have to say that the irony of such an extreme homophobe claiming to be standing up against any form of bigotry is pretty interesting.

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
I really don't know anything of Putin's sporting interests beyond equestrianism.

Of course he is more than just a homophobe...

...he also hates women Smile

http://www.policymic.com/articles/58593/......mophobia
http://www.supajam.com/news/story/Putin-......omophobe
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I miss all the good liberal dog whistles! I have to admit, I would never have gotten "he hates women" from "Speaking of the Pussy Riot protests, the best he could muster was he pitied them as they “started to engage in activities which are humiliating for women."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
It's not the only link, it's a link. Sorry I didn't post the entire internet for you in order to justify my joke.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-27......our.html
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I think the (second) one was you posted was quite funny on its own.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2556 Posts

Profile of critter
It was supposed to be. Putin's a joke. A scary scary joke.
~Will Rogers
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2014, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
I know the story, I just don't see any humor in this. What am I missing?

Well, the joke is that this is Putin's motivation for sending soldiers into Crimea. Just how stupid would one be to believe that?

Also, characterising the protestors, and by extension the interim government as being neo-nazis is almost beyond a joke.

If Putin invaded every European country with far-right anti-Semitic groups, the first country on his list would be.... Erm.... Russia.

That's the joke. It's a lie, and it's a ridiculous lie.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5135 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
Also, characterising the protestors, and by extension the interim government as being neo-nazis is almost beyond a joke.

Did you read my comments about Svoboda in the other thread? Comments?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5135 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, LobowolfXXX wrote:
I miss all the good liberal dog whistles! I have to admit, I would never have gotten "he hates women" from "Speaking of the Pussy Riot protests, the best he could muster was he pitied them as they “started to engage in activities which are humiliating for women."

Yes, wonderful too that conservatives only support Putin when he is beating up on women protesting oppression of women and gays.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Svoboda is the 4th largest party, it captured 10% of the vote. Whilst it is unpleasant, to say the least, you simply cannot tar all these protestors with the same brush.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:

Svoboda is the 4th largest party, it captured 10% of the vote. Whilst it is unpleasant, to say the least, you simply cannot tar all these protestors with the same brush.

Sort of misses the point. It may have received only 10% of the vote but it joined a majority coalition, and now has its leaders in power.

http://www.channel4.com/news/svoboda-min......ar-right

EXCERPT:

In the new Ukrainian government politicians linked to the far-right have taken posts from deputy prime minister to head of defence.

The man facing down Putin's aggression as secretary of the Ukrainian National Security and Defence Council is Andriy Parubiy. He oversees national security for the nation having previously served as security commandant during the anti-government protests in Kiev.

Parubiy was the founder of the Social National Party of Ukraine, a fascist party styled on Hitler's Nazis, with membership restricted to ethnic Ukrainians.

The Social National Party would go on to become Svoboda, the far-right nationalist party whose leader Oleh Tyahnybok was one of the three most high profile leaders of the Euromaidan protests - negotiating directly with the Yanukovych regime.

Overseeing the armed forces alongside Parubiy as the Deputy Secretary of National Security is Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of the Right Sector - a group of hardline nationalist streetfighters, who previously boasted they were ready for armed struggle to free Ukraine.

Inside Right Sector was an alliance of hardline nationalist groups including Patriot of Ukraine and the paramilitary group UNA-UNSO, who have fought against Russian troops in Chechnya and Moldova. Their members paraded in balaclavas and wore uniforms bearing far-right insignia, including the wolfsangel.

The new Deputy Prime Minister Oleksandr Sych is a member of the far-right Svoboda party, which the World Jewish Congress called on the EU to consider banning last year along with Greece's Golden Dawn.

The party, which has long called for a "national revolution" in Ukraine, has endured a long march from relative obscurity in the early 90s. Their declaration that Ukraine is controlled by a "Muscovite-Jewish mafia" has raised fears for the safety of the country's Jewish population.

Svoboda now controls the ecology and agricultural ministry with Andriy Mokhnyk, the deputy head of Svoboda, running ecology and Ihor Shvaika as agriculture minister.

The most important office seized by Svoboda is that of deputy prime minister, now occupied by Oleksandr Sych, whose position on abortion rights and comments about rape provoked an international outcry.

He has been criticised for declaring: "Women should lead the kind of lifestyle to avoid the risk of rape, including one from drinking alcohol and being in controversial company".

Svoboda member Oleh Makhnitsky is now acting prosecutor general.

The initial actions of the interim government have included forcing making Ukrainian the only official language of the nation and making moves to remove a law which forbids "excusing the crimes of fascism".
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5135 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2014, tomsk192 wrote:

Agreed, there are many different factions within the protestors' ranks. What we've learned from recent history (Egypt) is that powerful elements from within the protestors' ranks(remember the Muslim Brotherhood?) use the popular disapproval to gain power and subvert the will of the more democratic elements amongst the protestors.

That Svoboda now has control of the Enforcement and judicial apparatus of the Ukraine, is to me, at the very least, troubling. This is straight out of the Fascist playbook and Mein Kampf.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Putin: the scourge of anti-semitism in Ukraine! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL